By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Gaming Discussion - Quantum Break delay shows a clear problem in the industry

Azerth said:

right its not theres been a game that was announced in 2009 that still hasnt come out yet which we still know very very little about

and as far as i know its only had this one delay.  it was only ever givien a 2015 release window

Exactly, hence why I said it is a problem in the industry. If this was an isolateted incident then I would've just put the blame on Remedy.

There's only 2 races: White and 'Political Agenda'
2 Genders: Male and 'Political Agenda'
2 Hairstyles for female characters: Long and 'Political Agenda'
2 Sexualities: Straight and 'Political Agenda'

Around the Network

Games are just announced too early, but the problem has been made worse by the new console cycle, with both platform holders trying to win over customers by announcing as many games as possible even tho they new fine well they were years away, some were just concept videos.

Azerth said:

right its not theres been a game that was announced in 2009 that still hasnt come out yet which we still know very very little about

and as far as i know its only had this one delay.  it was only ever givien a 2015 release window

what a weird argument

its like observing someone steal things on 2 occasions and saying that because on the second occasion they stole much more that the first occasion doesn't count at all

but i suppose our perception of these things is influenced by what or who we like and dislike

anyway a release date was not confirmed so i don't see what the big deal is

Was the game not first revelaed at E3 2013? then sometime in 2014 they said it would be released lat 2015 (no firm date obviously)...

I don't think you can honestly predict how long a big project like that will take to complete (I don't know the exact scope, but since it looks "AAA" I assume it's pretty big) ... so unless you want half assed EA/Ubi style releases that have release dates set years in advance for their yearly productions (Battlefield, Assassins Creed, etc.) you need to give whoever is in charge of the project some freedom as to when they feel comfortable shipping their game....

A delay does not guarantee quality, but it certainly does not hurt.

Delay was expected. They have a good exclusives lineup for this fall. No reason to cannibalize sales of first party games.

Around the Network
Ka-pi96 said:
ArchangelMadzz said:

They didn't have a release date, but they had a release window. Which is why in the OP i said date/window.

When did they announce holiday 2014 as the release window?

Yeah, I'[m not seeing this either.

OP: Where did they state that the game would have a holiday 2014 release window?

My mistake, a 2014 release window was never officially confirmed.

I do still have a grievance with announcing games 3 years before they come out (Watch Dogs got slack for announcing the game 2 years before launch)

These delays occur because the games themselves take a lot of effort and time to make.
Dont blame the industry, blame the gamers wanting better graphics.

To make AAA games today takes a lot longer than ever before. And modern gamers really only care about graphics sadly.

Australian Gamer (add me if you like)               
NNID: Maraccuda              
PS Network: Maraccuda           

Maraccuda said:
These delays occur because the games themselves take a lot of effort and time to make.
Dont blame the industry, blame the gamers wanting better graphics.

To make AAA games today takes a lot longer than ever before. And modern gamers really only care about graphics sadly.

And now we can prove this given a consumer poll showing that the main reason PS4 was chosen was because of resolution. 

http://www.gamespot.com/articles/study-people-buy-ps4-for-graphics-xbox-one-for-bra/1100-6425537/

ArchangelMadzz said:
My mistake, a 2014 release window was never officially confirmed.

I do still have a grievance with announcing games 3 years before they come out (Watch Dogs got slack for announcing the game 2 years before launch)

Yeah, I find it irritating when games are announced long before they are set for release. I tend to lose interest if the window between announcement and release is too long.

This tends to happen a lot more often when new consoles are being released. Companies want to show potential buyers all the new and exciting games coming down the pipe, even if they are 2-3 years away from release.