By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Nintendo Discussion - Fatal Frame 5 had better sell...

Goodnightmoon said:

I think it has a fair chance to be one of the best selling Fatal Frame on the west. Maybe even the best selling one if Nintendo do the marketing right.

Well the benchmark is certainly set low enough to make that plausible.

Around the Network
tak13 said:
NobleTeam360 said:

The plan is to buy one xD

Finally!Great move!Which game is your system seller?

So fatal frame interests you a lot as I can see,you kinky boy!:P

Lmao xD, well I've been planning on buying one in 2015 since December. Zelda, Fatal Frame, and Fire Emblem are all reasons for me wanting one. Oh and Bayonetta 2 and Xenoblade.

So glad it is coming!

1doesnotsimply

NobleTeam360 said:

I hope it does come with all of the sexualized outfits. Don't see why they would edit it out. 

Because Fatal Frame is a horror game, and girls in lingerie kills that goal.

spemanig said:
NobleTeam360 said:

I hope it does come with all of the sexualized outfits. Don't see why they would edit it out. 

Because Fatal Frame is a horror game, and girls in lingerie kills that goal.

Doesnt stop Hollywood from having attractive women tied up and sweating in slash horror films

Around the Network
t3mporary_126 said:

Doesnt stop Hollywood from having attractive women tied up and sweating in slash horror films

It's one thing to look attractive. It's another to be dressed like a hooker in a serious context.

I hope it can reach 100k worldwide. Nintendo can make good promotion here. Maybe some bundle with Spirit Camera on 3ds? Would be cool.

It all comes down to marketing now. I never see Nintendo commercials unless my sister is watching Nick or something and a commercial will come on. Nintendo needs to grow up, pull out that wad of cash we know they have and start spending money on good marketing campaigns. They use to be able to do it but now, it's like they forgot all of a sudden.

Off that topic, Fatal Frame games don't sell that well to begin with...even in Japan.

Ljink96 said:
It all comes down to marketing now. I never see Nintendo commercials unless my sister is watching Nick or something and a commercial will come on. Nintendo needs to grow up, pull out that wad of cash we know they have and start spending money on good marketing campaigns. They use to be able to do it but now, it's like they forgot all of a sudden.

Off that topic, Fatal Frame games don't sell that well to begin with...even in Japan.

I saw Smash and Kart ads on a wider range of channels when I wasn't at Uni.  Hyrule Warriors apparently got some push.  Bayo was on select channels; Adult Swim had commercials for it I believe.  But yeah, they still are hit and miss.  They really do need to get rid of whoever does most of their commercials, promote the ones who did the good commercials, and give them some serious money to *do* something with. 

I don't think this is going to sell THAT well.
But in my view, for the series is going to be coming here in West from now on, this game I think will need to sell better here than in Japan, which, last time I checked was at around 70k or something like. So yeah, shouldn't be that hard, especially if this releases in late October for Halloween (boy wouldn't that be ironic), then maybe it cool get a boost from the holiday sales season!