By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - General Discussion - IF SONY FAILS.......

It is no secret that Sony isnt selling the PS3 like they wanted and no secret the company is losing money over PS3 hand over fist.

On a previous thread MS made it clear that if Sony aboandoned the Videogame arena they would follow suit.

Here is the question, lets play devils advocate........

IF SONY FAILS and MICROSOFT LEAVES...who will aris form the ashes????another system??

Or would we see Matsushita/Panasonic give it another go? Apple? or other? you voice your opinon lets go!

Around the Network

Sega would come back, most definently, and i would love to see that happen

Neos - "If I'm posting in this thread it's just for the lulz."
Tag by the one and only Fkusumot!

Neos said:

Why? Now that they're just a software company, I dont see why they'd be any more likely than any other software company to jump into the console arena. Personally I'd be looking at Apple.  They have the tech, the marketing and more importantly, having a console would bring in the game development, which could cross back to their computers. It'd be a big boost to the Mac line.

I'm a mod, come to me if there's mod'n to do. 

Chrizum is the best thing to happen to the internet, Period.

Serves me right for challenging his sales predictions!

Bet with dsisister44: Red Steel 2 will sell 1 million within it's first 365 days of sales.

Biggest problem with the possibility of Sony failing is the studios that support them. What happens, do they disband and become third party, or sink with the ship? I'd hate to see great development houses that created God of War, Shadow of the Colossus, Resistance: Fall of Man, and Motorstorm suddenly drop off the face of the earth.

How about PC's?

Lots of companies want to enter the console market.  On separate occasions, I've read about Apple, HP and even Cisco.  Whatever their motivation is I can't say, but there's lots of interest.  Which is why Nintendo is gonna be a hugely sought after company in the next few years.

the Wii is an epidemic.

Around the Network

Cause Sega would create a totally different market for themselves, nintendo would be keeping the casuals and sega would be having the real gamers to themselves.

also, the companies wouldn't really compete with each other and the fanboys wouldn't either, since Sega fans are laid back and so are nintendo fans towards Sega, so each fan will most likely be buying both consoles.

Yes, it is logical.

Neos - "If I'm posting in this thread it's just for the lulz."
Tag by the one and only Fkusumot!

stof said:
Neos said:

Why? Now that they're just a software company, I dont see why they'd be any more likely than any other software company to jump into the console arena. Personally I'd be looking at Apple.  They have the tech, the marketing and more importantly, having a console would bring in the game development, which could cross back to their computers. It'd be a big boost to the Mac line.

I can see Both Apple and Sega, Sega knows how to develop for multi platforms now, they could take that knowledge and apply it,

And you are right about apple,they do not make too many bad business decisions that lose billions and billions, I would go out on a limb and say Apple tend to be calculated risk takers, If Sony/MS lose ground, Nintendo could get overconfident and allow new contenders. History repeats itself and I feel the best/fun next gen games will be won by nintendo..If nintendo gets over confident once again..who knows  who will emerge, all that is happening has the recipe for a new contender doesnt it?

Neos said:
Cause Sega would create a totally different market for themselves, nintendo would be keeping the casuals and sega would be having the real gamers to themselves.

Stop with the attacks, nothing makes a nintendo player any less real than a Sega player, or Sony game player.

XBOX LIVE Gamertag: QuantumTarntno

Crackdown - Enchanted Arms - Oblivion - Samurai Warriors 2 - GRAW - GRAW2 -Lost Planet - Guitar Hero 2 - Star Trek Legacy - Double Agent - WWE 2007

Wii 4237-4425-6442-7626

Mario Party 8 - Rayman Raving Rabbids - Excite Truck - Zelda: Twilight Princess - Godfather - Wii Play

Legend11 said:
dpmnymkrprez said:

It is no secret that Sony isnt selling the PS3 like they wanted and no secret the company is losing money over PS3 hand over fist.

On a previous thread MS made it clear that if Sony aboandoned the Videogame arena they would follow suit.

Here is the question, lets play devils advocate........

IF SONY FAILS and MICROSOFT LEAVES...who will aris form the ashes????another system??

Or would we see Matsushita/Panasonic give it another go? Apple? or other? you voice your opinon lets go!

I must have missed that, which Microsoft executive said they'd leave the console business?  Could you provide a quote?

It was on a link to a thread someone posted on here. i forget the thread but If someone else is reading this please back it up where one of the top execs said something to the fact that they are in the console becasue sony offered the gig etc. and if sony leaves they would follow suit!

anyone know where the link is?