By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - General Discussion - IF SONY FAILS.......

Apple wouldn't enter the console race.

Why?

They already did and it bombed.

Nobody remembers this abomination:

Apple and successful Japanese toy maker Bandai teamed up in 1995 to deliver a next-gen video game console and their lack of experience showed. The system launched at a pricey $599, making it more expensive albeit less powerful than the competition (kinda hard to sell something on that value proposition). The platform failed to gain any traction, had an appallingly limited roster of games, and only sold 42,000 units before being discontinued in 1997. Combine its ridiculously low sales in addition to making PC World's "Worst Tech Products of All-time," and the Pippin easily tops our list of the most under-performing, high-profile consoles ever.

Around the Network
Quantum-Tarantino said:
Neos said:
Cause Sega would create a totally different market for themselves, nintendo would be keeping the casuals and sega would be having the real gamers to themselves.

Stop with the attacks, nothing makes a nintendo player any less real than a Sega player, or Sony game player.

I didnt think it was an attack as more of an opinion

Quantum-Tarantino said:
Neos said:
Cause Sega would create a totally different market for themselves, nintendo would be keeping the casuals and sega would be having the real gamers to themselves.

Stop with the attacks, nothing makes a nintendo player any less real than a Sega player, or Sony game player.

Gimme a good reason to attack myself lol?
The point i was making is that nintendo is controlling the casuals as of now, together with the loyal fans including  me.

Neos - "If I'm posting in this thread it's just for the lulz."
Tag by the one and only Fkusumot!

dpmnymkrprez said:
Quantum-Tarantino said:
Neos said:

I didnt think it was an attack as more of an opinion

Ya what he said :P

Neos - "If I'm posting in this thread it's just for the lulz."
Tag by the one and only Fkusumot!

dpmnymkrprez said:
Legend11 said:

I must have missed that, which Microsoft executive said they'd leave the console business? Could you provide a quote?

It was on a link to a thread someone posted on here. i forget the thread but If someone else is reading this please back it up where one of the top execs said something to the fact that they are in the console becasue sony offered the gig etc. and if sony leaves they would follow suit!

anyone know where the link is?

Let's make it clear: there is one BIG if, which is Sony leaving the gaming business.  Let us be clear on that.  This whole thread is one BIG if, so let's not take the discussion to a serious level.

the Wii is an epidemic.

Around the Network
Poseidon said:

Apple wouldn't enter the console race.

Why?

They already did and it bombed.

Nobody remembers this abomination:

Apple and successful Japanese toy maker Bandai teamed up in 1995 to deliver a next-gen video game console and their lack of experience showed. The system launched at a pricey $599, making it more expensive albeit less powerful than the competition (kinda hard to sell something on that value proposition). The platform failed to gain any traction, had an appallingly limited roster of games, and only sold 42,000 units before being discontinued in 1997. Combine its ridiculously low sales in addition to making PC World's "Worst Tech Products of All-time," and the Pippin easily tops our list of the most under-performing, high-profile consoles ever.

wasnt it only catered to play pc games only?? or something like that??

Lingyis said:
dpmnymkrprez said:
Legend11 said:

I must have missed that, which Microsoft executive said they'd leave the console business? Could you provide a quote?

It was on a link to a thread someone posted on here. i forget the thread but If someone else is reading this please back it up where one of the top execs said something to the fact that they are in the console becasue sony offered the gig etc. and if sony leaves they would follow suit!

anyone know where the link is?

Let's make it clear: there is one BIG if, which is Sony leaving the gaming business.  Let us be clear on that.  This whole thread is one BIG if, so let's not take the discussion to a serious level.

yeah but I posted the IF in the first place because I have a very expensive paper weight. i am not knockin sony, I wish them the best...So did everyone at PANASONIC with the 3DO....Sony are treading in the waters of 3DO .

Legend11 said:
Quantum-Tarantino said:
Neos said:

Enough Quantum, in another thread I saw you slam the 360 saying it's selling "FAR" better than it should be so you should be the last person posting stuff like this.

thats what I am getting at as well...the 360 figures are botched MS claims well over 10 mil sold...........making way for competitors....I admit I still am getting a 360.....Bottom line is MS and Sony are loosing money on their platforms. they are making way for competitors because they are lettign themselves do it, Not only are they enemies with each other but alone they are each others worst enemy as well....If a competitor comes up through the ashes and makes a system like the wii(not really motion based) but appeals to everyone and is games dedicated, it will be a success.and no one will be bragging on HEY mine has HD DVD.or Blue ray .they will be sitting back saying.thats great... but im actually playing games on my system.

I look at a car you buy...here are all the options....when i bought my benz it had the upgrade for massage seats??? come on ?it is a car.   some options we dont need as gamers.JUST GAME SYSTEMS!!!