By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - General Discussion - IF SONY FAILS.......

sony wont leave because their game division isnt the only part of sony corp. they no the money they can make so they will try to last this gen out and bring something better next gen

Around the Network
Neos said:
Sega would come back, most definently, and i would love to see that happen

You realise that statements fales, Nintendos employing the Blue Ocean Strategy. It's a widely used one at that, make the product affordable, easily accessible to the masses and give everybody a little something. Hardcore crowd will have their Zelda Metroid etc and casuals get a lot and eventually they mix and intersect. Even the "hardcore" can enjoy a casual game.

In answer to the original question Apple and Nintendo employ a lot of the same philosophies with their products I think those two companies would clash horribly in the same market. If Sony leaves, I know Microsoft said they would but I seriously doubt it now that they found a way to make money with the games. The Xbox lost so much the 360 is doing decently.  I don't see Sega coming back though unless things internally have changed big time.

If Sony drops and that's a big I see Microsoft sticking around despite what they said. Eager to snatch up Sony's market share and developers. 

If I were to predict another company coming into the gaming industry?  I kinda wanna see SNK shock us with another attempt.. and I got a feeling Nokia might try to make something new though that'd be handheld

Legend11 said:
It doesn't even make any business sense for Microsoft to leave if Sony leaves the console business, they'd have their corner of the market to themselves and would likely sell more systems and it would allow them to become profitable.

Maybe Microsoft was bluffing?? Lets be honest its not like they are dirt poor lol

but then again no one wants to lose money, MS isnt losing nearly as much as Sony though.

IBM? The idea of a 2nd IBM Vs Microsoft War is kind of fun to play with, They have the people, R&D and rep to do it. :) IBM still have the best rep for reliable hardware and thats what a console is in the end, just hardware. They would have to team up/buy a good software publisher to get things moving though... Yeap I can see a Big Blue Box in every house by 2020 ;) My Vote for a dark horse is : IBM.

"..just keep on trying 'till you run out of cake"

Around the Network
Legend11 said:
dpmnymkrprez said:
Legend11 said:
It doesn't even make any business sense for Microsoft to leave if Sony leaves the console business, they'd have their corner of the market to themselves and would likely sell more systems and it would allow them to become profitable.

Maybe Microsoft was bluffing?? Lets be honest its not like they are dirt poor lol

but then again no one wants to lose money, MS isnt losing nearly as much as Sony though.

Well since nobody can provide a link to where a Microsoft Exec even said anything about leaving we'll just call it some fanboy's dream.

You know what, I resent that sarcastic comment, ......you obviously have a weak mind being sarcastic.

I am the one who made the comment about the link. I read the link that soemone had posted and it was true to a T.  So by you implementing the fanboy comment you are directing that at me. Very immature.grow up or go on another forum, or think before you write

thanks in advance-D

Vengi said:
IBM? The idea of a 2nd IBM Vs Microsoft War is kind of fun to play with, They have the people, R&D and rep to do it. :) IBM still have the best rep for reliable hardware and thats what a console is in the end, just hardware. They would have to team up/buy a good software publisher to get things moving though... Yeap I can see a Big Blue Box in every house by 2020 ;) My Vote for a dark horse is : IBM.

You are right. Also i just realized this, Apple could be a very good competitor. They have IPOd stores nationwide and could easily sell the systems on their own/and in other stores, basically they alreadyhave the retail front!

that would be another advantage they have

So far we have Apple IBM Saga HP Cisco I'll go out on a limb and say : Samsung I think they will focus on MMORPG's as they are South Korean.

"..just keep on trying 'till you run out of cake"

Samsung, goldstar and Panasonic have tried before, can they do it again??? It is possible, look at when they made different systems for the 3DO, they could do it again, they know now that it has to be price competitive, And I think that is one of the major lessons, something that isnt too pricy, with all the bells and whisltles, just great games. And not something so expensive they throw in a free toaster to seal the deal!

Legend11 said:
Quantum-Tarantino said:
Neos said:
Cause Sega would create a totally different market for themselves, nintendo would be keeping the casuals and sega would be having the real gamers to themselves.

Stop with the attacks, nothing makes a nintendo player any less real than a Sega player, or Sony game player.

Enough Quantum, in another thread I saw you slam the 360 saying it's selling "FAR" better than it should be so you should be the last person posting stuff like this.

Taking posts out of context in order to make an attack is low Legend11, find that thread, re-read the post, and this yime, UNDERSTAND what was said.

XBOX LIVE Gamertag: QuantumTarntno

Crackdown - Enchanted Arms - Oblivion - Samurai Warriors 2 - GRAW - GRAW2 -Lost Planet - Guitar Hero 2 - Star Trek Legacy - Double Agent - WWE 2007

Wii 4237-4425-6442-7626

Mario Party 8 - Rayman Raving Rabbids - Excite Truck - Zelda: Twilight Princess - Godfather - Wii Play