By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Microsoft Discussion - Will there be 1000's more games on XB1 than PS4?

300 million PCs - 200 million PCs owned and operated by businesses of course, means 100 million private PC owners, many of which are incapable of playing AAA games from last gen, let alone future AAA games.

“The fundamental cause of the trouble is that in the modern world the stupid are cocksure while the intelligent are full of doubt.” - Bertrand Russell

"When the power of love overcomes the love of power, the world will know peace."

Jimi Hendrix

Around the Network

Oh joy, 1000 more versions of Angry Birds, Temple Run, and Call of Duty. Have we not learned quality over quantity from last gens shovelware ?

lololol

Do you count streamable games as games on the system? I don't. It has to play from the system. I don't think many devs will bother porting. The systems are already pretty PC like so it's already easy and with PS4's install base they'll be more tempted to invest in that.

I am Iron Man

Since the development time from tablet to PC to X1 allegedly is only a matter of some days work, I think its VERY likely that a lot of developers will make use of this opportunity. I just hope X1 will have a separate section in the games department for W10 games.

Around the Network

I think that you're being overly optimistic on that. Those games have to be of console quality for it to really matter. If it's just a bunch of angry birds....

No, XB1 will not have as many games as PS4, though it will be close.

Watch me stream games and hunt trophies on my Twitch channel!

Check out my Twitch Channel!:

www.twitch.tv/AzurenGames

Aeolus451 said:
I think that you're being overly optimistic on that. Those games have to be of console quality for it to really matter. If it's just a bunch of angry birds....

You have hit my point exactly.  Will there be more AAA games?  Probably not or maybe so.  If you were going to develop a AAA game for XB1, now it may only take a feww weeks to port to Win10.  So, the cost to develop goes down dramatically.

As far as there being 100's if not 1000's of less than AAA games goes, that is the most likely scenario.  But, when everyone breaks out the game counters on these forums, the quality meter is thrown out and "a game is a game whether it is indie or not" comes into play.  So, the count on games for XB1 will likely eclipse the PS4 by a large margin some day.

The real point of my OP was to look at the other things too.  After the release of Win10, every game that a developer releases for XB1 or Win10 can be a cross buy if they want.  This will be a big selling point.  THey don't even have to make it free.  Maybe they "only" charge $10 for the windows version if you have the XB1 version or vice versa.

If anything, there will come a point where Sony will do the same without having to stream it, you will just have to have PSN to access the games.  The need for the console is only diminshing...

It is near the end of the end....

Does this mean Huniepop on X1? :O xbox saved

Even it is, what's the point of this?