By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Microsoft Discussion - Will there be 1000's more games on XB1 than PS4?

Sure. And they all will also run on Windows phones as well.

Around the Network

meh...im already bored

PSN & XBOX GT : cutzman25

D-Joe said:
Even it is, what's the point of this?

I agree, what is the point of making comments in a gaming forum?  Or for reading some random opinion of a forum post?

There is no point to the internet, its just there.  

Yet, oddly you are still participating aren't you?

It is near the end of the end....

Landguy said:
Aeolus451 said:
I think that you're being overly optimistic on that. Those games have to be of console quality for it to really matter. If it's just a bunch of angry birds....

You have hit my point exactly.  Will there be more AAA games?  Probably not or maybe so.  If you were going to develop a AAA game for XB1, now it may only take a feww weeks to port to Win10.  So, the cost to develop goes down dramatically.

As far as there being 100's if not 1000's of less than AAA games goes, that is the most likely scenario.  But, when everyone breaks out the game counters on these forums, the quality meter is thrown out and "a game is a game whether it is indie or not" comes into play.  So, the count on games for XB1 will likely eclipse the PS4 by a large margin some day.

The real point of my OP was to look at the other things too.  After the release of Win10, every game that a developer releases for XB1 or Win10 can be a cross buy if they want.  This will be a big selling point.  THey don't even have to make it free.  Maybe they "only" charge $10 for the windows version if you have the XB1 version or vice versa.

If anything, there will come a point where Sony will do the same without having to stream it, you will just have to have PSN to access the games.  The need for the console is only diminshing...

There's also something that you're overlooking. If the majority of the xbox one's game library is on PC, why buy a xbox one? Someone could just buy either a wii u or ps4 as their main console and just use a PC to play those MS games.

I doubt that MS would put even half of the xbox one's game library or any current gen exclusive that's worth a damn. They'll most likely have a lot of old xbox games, with some 3rd party games and lots of indie shovelware. Maybe Doesn't steam offer a better service already on pc? 

Why would sony do the same? It has Playstation Now and Playstation Vue. It's doing extremely well and there's nothing to support the idea that consoles are dying off.  If anything, I'll say the console market is still in it's infancy. There's plenty of room to grow. VR is on it's way and it has the potential to ignite the gaming market with a never seen before flood of casuals. Consoles also have the potential of removing cable and satellite television completely.

The main reason why they shouldn't get rid of the "box" is because it can be the central device for the majority of entertainment services. Why ditch a device that sells well and has great potential? Also, the big 3 control the console market enough to where it's very risky and difficult for other companies to try and make a console to enter that market with. The pure digital and streaming markets are already flooded with many companies trying to make a buck.

Yeah, it's going to be a real hard market.
PS4 vs NX vs PC

Around the Network

I have no clue, what I know is that the 360 got like thousands of games PS3 didn't get and nobody really cared so expect nobody to care! It was only a big thing at the start of this gen when both consoles had almost nothing but one had a few more indie games you could get for a tenth of the price on a $150 PC. Even Pong would have been a reason to talk about in console wars in the first months after release of XBO and PS4...

theprof00 said:
PS4 vs NX vs PC

more like 95% PC vs. 90%  PC vs 97% PC

I guess this was a April joke right... :P

crissindahouse said:
theprof00 said:
PS4 vs NX vs PC

If it makes you feel better about it, sure. :D

theprof00 said:
crissindahouse said:

If it makes you feel better about it, sure. :D

Funny that this comes from you considering your first post. 

And well, I don't own any new gen console since PC is giving me everything I want right now so not sure how I need to feel better about it.