By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Gaming Discussion - Graphics VS Gameplay VS Story. Which is more important to you?

Story=Gameplay

A good blend of both is what is needed to create a really memorable experience.

Lube Me Up

Around the Network

Gameplay > Story > Graphics

Graphics are the least of my concern. I don't see the point of playing a gorgeously rendered game if it is neither fun, nor interesting. If something is meant to be looked at, rather than "played", that's what movies are for.

Gameplay >>story>graphics

Ltd predictions by the time 9th Gen comes out

Ps4:110million

Xbox one :75 million( was 65) 

Wii u: 20 milliion

I do prefer a good story and gameplay over graphics, but that doesn't mean I'd enjoy a game with muddy, jaggy-lined and jittery graphics. For me, the game needs to have an almost perfect balance between the three. Putting graphics aside, I can sometimes enjoy a good story with questionable gameplay, with Heavy Rain being a good example, but I can't enjoy good gameplay and a bad story. I'll say that a game with near realistic graphics but a bad story and gameplay can be excruciatingly boring.

The Order: 1886 is a good example of more graphics less gameplay...

Around the Network

I'd rather have all three but if I had to choose the most important I'd go with gameplay.

Story=Gameplay>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>> Graphics.

Gameplay > story > graphics.
It can change for different genre's but that's generally it for me.
For RPG's it can easily be Story > Gameplay > graphics.

Gotta figure out how to set these up lol.

Story > Gameplay > Graphics. If I don't like the game play, but the story is amazing, I'll just watch a lets play of it. That's how I enjoy the story of games in which I don't like the gameplay.

[Switch Friend code: 3909-3991-4970]

[Xbox Live: JissuWolfe]

[PSN: Jissu]

"Just for comparison Uncharted 4 was 20x bigger than Splatoon 2. This shows the huge difference between Sony's first-party games and Nintendo's first-party games."