By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Nintendo Discussion - Captain Obvious: NX Will Launch in 2016 With Zelda

Captain_Yuri said:

Yes, there are a few games as opposed to none (which makes it more games) like some are suggesting. If the NX is a console and it launches in 2016, there would be no games for the wiiU in 2016 from Nintendo just how there was no games for the wii from Nintendo in 2012 when the wiiU launched as well as a lot of other generations

Playing a game one year later is not going to ease the fans.

But as times passes, I can get Nintendo. Why to waste more money on this console? Move onto the next.

Hopefully this proves that Nintendo is not commitent to satisfy the userbase or this delay (or any other) would have happen.

Proud to be the first cool Nintendo fan ever

Number ONE Zelda fan in the Universe

DKCTF didn't move consoles

Prediction: No Zelda HD for Wii U, quietly moved to the succesor

Predictions for Nintendo NX and Mobile

Around the Network
Soundwave said:
Captain_Yuri said:

Yes, there are a few games as opposed to none (which makes it more games) like some are suggesting. If the NX is a console and it launches in 2016, there would be no games for the wiiU in 2016 from Nintendo just now there was no games for the wii from Nintendo in 2012 when the wiiU launched

There could be other games to fill in the gaps. Diddy Kong Racing U, a Metroid game maybe, a Paper Mario, whatever. 

It's not like the GameCube was a bed of roses in 2005 and 2006 ... Mario Party (freaking Mario Party) was their big holiday title in 2005, lol. 

If any of those launches (except Diddy Kong Racing) in 2016, it pretty much confirms that the NX won't be a console at all. And thats my point too! If the NX launches in 2016 with this many games being released in 2015, this will be highly unlike Nintendo. Just look at the 3ds and how many games its got compared to the wiiU this year. The wiiU looks like it will have at least one more year before its game releases become like the 3ds.

PC Specs: CPU: 7800X3D || GPU: Strix 4090 || RAM: 32GB DDR5 6000 || Main SSD: WD 2TB SN850

Soundwave said:

I honestly really am starting to think that Nintendo had a "company wide audit" where they basically reviewed all their future options and where the company is at today and what their busines prospects are for the future. 

I think in the course of that process, several big changes were made ... the decision to make smartphone games, delay Zelda, and fast track the NX platform I think all came out of that process. 

I suspect the business suit side of Nintendo came down hard on the more "bohemian, we do what we want" game development side and told them to get their sh*t together and start making more business sensible divisions. 

Maybe that faction at Nintendo was not being appeased with the promise of sleep sensors/QoL any longer and some hard decisions had to be made. 

Exactly. I wouldn't even be surprised if they try to fill the rage with another Zelda remake. Easy to develop, more money.

Now I'm very interested to see if the QoL has anything to do with the Vitality Sensor and if both are still alive in the future plans of Nintendo.

BTW, let's not be surprised if the Zelda team announce their first mobile app/game this E3.

Pavolink said:
Captain_Yuri said:

Yes, there are a few games as opposed to none (which makes it more games) like some are suggesting. If the NX is a console and it launches in 2016, there would be no games for the wiiU in 2016 from Nintendo just how there was no games for the wii from Nintendo in 2012 when the wiiU launched as well as a lot of other generations

But as times passes, I can get Nintendo. Why to waste more money on this console? Move onto the next.

Hopefully this proves that Nintendo is not commitent to satisfy the userbase or this delay (or any other) would have happen.

It's not like hasn't happened before. 

The GameCube was virtually abandoned by Nintendo after pretty much three years. After 2004 and Metroid Prime 2 .... none of the big Nintendo teams really worked on any big GameCube software other than Zelda: TP which was transferred to Wii and just released after on GCN as a half assed courtesy call. 

2005 and 2006 were mainly out sourced software for the GameCube -- games not made internally by any of Nintendo's big teams ... Geist, Mario Party, Mario Sluggers, Mario Dance Dance Revolution, Star Fox Assualt (Namco), Battallion Wars (Kuju), Donkey Konga (Namco), Mario Strikers (Next Level), etc. They basically just turned the system into a Mario spin-off machine after 2004 supported mainly by outside developers (Mario dancing! Mario playing baseball! Mario playing soccer! Mario partying!). 

Pavolink said:
Soundwave said:

I honestly really am starting to think that Nintendo had a "company wide audit" where they basically reviewed all their future options and where the company is at today and what their busines prospects are for the future. 

I think in the course of that process, several big changes were made ... the decision to make smartphone games, delay Zelda, and fast track the NX platform I think all came out of that process. 

I suspect the business suit side of Nintendo came down hard on the more "bohemian, we do what we want" game development side and told them to get their sh*t together and start making more business sensible divisions. 

Maybe that faction at Nintendo was not being appeased with the promise of sleep sensors/QoL any longer and some hard decisions had to be made. 

Exactly. I wouldn't even be surprised if they try to fill the rage with another Zelda remake. Easy to develop, more money.

Now I'm very interested to see if the QoL has anything to do with the Vitality Sensor and if both are still alive in the future plans of Nintendo.

BTW, let's not be surprised if the Zelda team announce their first mobile app/game this E3.

Wouldn't surprise me if the whole Quality of Life has kinda gotten off track and is going through major delays itself. 

When announced over a year ago, Nintendo said they would share more specific details in 2014 and it would launch in 2015. 

Well we're well into 2015 and there's nothing to be seen on this. 

Around the Network
Soundwave said:
Pavolink said:
Captain_Yuri said:

It's not like hasn't happened before. 

The GameCube was virtually abandoned by Nintendo after pretty much three years. After 2004 and Metroid Prime 2 .... none of the big Nintendo teams really worked on any big GameCube software other than Zelda: TP which was transferred to Wii and just released after on GCN as a half assed courtesy call. 

2005 and 2006 were mainly out sourced software for the GameCube -- games not made internally by any of Nintendo's big teams ... Geist, Mario Party, Mario Sluggers, Mario Dance Dance Revolution, Star Fox Assualt (Namco), Battallion Wars (Kuju), Mario Strikers (Next Level), etc. They basically just turned the system into a Mario spin-off machine after 2004 supported mainly by outside developers. 

Yep. I can see another delay for next year.

Also, we need to take in consideration that Aonuma never said is going to be released in 2016, and right now is TBA. Plus, at E3 they can announce more delays, like Star Fox and announce other games like DKCountry3 by Retro or a Mario Strikers.

Pavolink said:
Captain_Yuri said:

Well... I highly doubt that a) The NX is going to be a console and b) Their next gen console will be released in 2016 because if you look at their history and how everything got released, they usually stop releasing next to no games on the year of the console/handheld.

For example, with the wii, Skyward Sword was released a year before the wiiU was released and Nintendo had fuck all else with the wii and they mostly had games for the 3ds and it looks to be the same here with the NX... The wiiU will have games in 2016 and they will show off Zelda U + few games for the wiiU while showing off the NX handheld with its library of games at e3 and in 2017, they will most likely reveal the console

Edit: Just look at the 3ds... It has next to no games from Nintendo this year yet the wiiU, even without Zelda, has plenty of games

PC Specs: CPU: 7800X3D || GPU: Strix 4090 || RAM: 32GB DDR5 6000 || Main SSD: WD 2TB SN850

Soundwave said:
Pavolink said:
Soundwave said:

Wouldn't surprise me if the whole Quality of Life has kinda gotten off track and is going through major delays itself. 

When announced over a year ago, Nintendo said they would share more specific details in 2014 and it would launch in 2015. 

Well we're well into 2015 and there's nothing to be seen on this. 

They revealed the sleep monitoring thing, based on ResMed's technology.

My 8th gen collection

We don't even know if the NX is a home console yet. It could very well be Nintendo's next handheld.

Yeah, next Zelda will launch on the Nintendo X-box.

My 8th gen collection