By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Nintendo Discussion - Captain Obvious: NX Will Launch in 2016 With Zelda

Solid-Stark said:
Perhaps on WiiU and on NX, like Twilight Princess.
3D Mario or 2D Mario on release as well.

Wouldn't surprise me. 

I think Nintendo is not going to take any chances with the NX launch, the big boys will be there from the get go this time. 

That means new Mario and new Zelda early this time around. 

If NX fails or even falters out of the gates, then Nintendo's future as a hardware entity is likely in serious doubt. Investors will probably see smartphone profits and then look at a struggling NX and say "well if going third party of mobile worked so great for us, why not make games for Playstation/XBox platforms too? We tried dedciated hardware and its not working again and again". 

That will become the next rallying cry against Iwata, just watch. 

Around the Network
Soundwave said:
Solid-Stark said:
Perhaps on WiiU and on NX, like Twilight Princess.
3D Mario or 2D Mario on release as well.

Wouldn't surprise me. 

I think Nintendo is not going to take any chances with the NX launch, the big boys will be there from the get go this time. 

That means new Mario and new Zelda early this time around. 

If NX fails or even falters out of the gates, then Nintendo's future as a hardware entity is likely in serious doubt. 

I agree. Also, it seems like Mario Kart as at least a release window game is a must too. Just going by the price cut + MK7 on the 3DS.

e=mc^2

Gaming on: PS4 Pro, Switch, SNES Mini, Wii U, PC (i5-7400, GTX 1060)

Soundwave said:
Nem said:
No, its not.

You are making so many likely wrong assumptions that i cant even be bothered. No, just no. Zero chance whatsoever.

We'll see who's right, but I got similar responses to this like 6-8 months ago when I suggested Zelda U wouldn't make 2016 at all. 

A delay in software development isnt something that is unlikely. development of new hardware, unveil, development of launch software, testing, manufacture, etc. These arent things done within one year. There is zero chance, and your possible prediction of a zelda delay has no impact on this. Some things are possible and others simply arent. Its not a game of guesses.

Captain_Yuri said:

How do some people not see that this is going to receive the Skyward Sword treatment? Firstly, Zelda has never skipped a console/handheld (remasters, ports and spinoffs dont count) and I doubt they will start it now and secondly, the wiiU in terms of games does not look like its dying and lastly, the 3ds has almost no games coming out so the NX will be a handheld and I highly doubt this will be a launch title for a handheld of all things

If anything... This essentially confirms that the wiiU will get more games in 2016

Delaying a promised 2015 game confirms there are more coming in 2016? No. It confirms that there are few games and they need to fill the gaps.

Proud to be the first cool Nintendo fan ever

Number ONE Zelda fan in the Universe

DKCTF didn't move consoles

Prediction: No Zelda HD for Wii U, quietly moved to the succesor

Predictions for Nintendo NX and Mobile

Soundwave said:
Nem said:
No, its not.

You are making so many likely wrong assumptions that i cant even be bothered. No, just no. Zero chance whatsoever.

We'll see who's right, but I got similar responses to this like 6-8 months ago when I suggested Zelda U wouldn't make 2016 at all. 

To be fair a lot of people didn't believe Zelda would release this year considering Nintendo's track record.

Around the Network

Another POV ... if NX is more powerful than the Wii U ... maybe Aonuma looked and that and concluded that an NX Zelda would allow him to achieve his vision better than a Wii U version would?

Lets be honest, the scale of the game they've described, probably is pushing the Wii U to its very limits ... maybe even beyond.

An NX platform that has 2-3x the usable RAM for starters could make a huge difference in an open world game (and that's just factoring in the RAM difference).

Obviously I think business interests also are key here, but this could also be an issue where Aonuma looked at Zelda on NX versus Wii U and given the possibility of the game selling better, and being more in line with his vision, and also helping Nintendo more (NX launch is simply more important for the company than how the Wii U finishes) ... well y'know.

Pavolink said:
Captain_Yuri said:

How do some people not see that this is going to receive the Skyward Sword treatment? Firstly, Zelda has never skipped a console/handheld (remasters, ports and spinoffs dont count) and I doubt they will start it now and secondly, the wiiU in terms of games does not look like its dying and lastly, the 3ds has almost no games coming out so the NX will be a handheld and I highly doubt this will be a launch title for a handheld of all things

If anything... This essentially confirms that the wiiU will get more games in 2016

Delaying a promised 2015 game confirms there are more coming in 2016? No. It confirms that there are few games and they need to fill the gaps.

Yes, there are a few games as opposed to none (which makes it more games) like some are suggesting. If the NX is a console and it launches in 2016, there would be no games for the wiiU in 2016 from Nintendo just how there was no games for the wii from Nintendo in 2012 when the wiiU launched as well as a lot of other generations

PC Specs: CPU: 7800X3D || GPU: Strix 4090 || RAM: 32GB DDR5 6000 || Main SSD: WD 2TB SN850

Soundwave said:
Another POV ... if NX is more powerful than the Wii U ... maybe Aonuma looked and that and concluded that an NX Zelda would allow him to achieve his vision better than a Wii U version would?

Lets be honest, the scale of the game they've described, probably is pushing the Wii U to its very limits ... maybe even beyond.

An NX platform that has 2-3x the usable RAM for starters could make a huge difference in an open world game (and that's just factoring in the RAM difference).

Obviously I think business interests also are key here, but this could also be an issue where Aonuma looked at Zelda on NX versus Wii U and given the possibility of the game selling better, and being more in line with his vision, and also helping Nintendo more (NX launch is simply more important for the company than how the Wii U finishes) ... well y'know.

The thing is that Aonuma recived this morning the order to announce the "delay" with a script that sucks. I doubt it has to do anything with tech.

Proud to be the first cool Nintendo fan ever

Number ONE Zelda fan in the Universe

DKCTF didn't move consoles

Prediction: No Zelda HD for Wii U, quietly moved to the succesor

Predictions for Nintendo NX and Mobile

Captain_Yuri said:
Pavolink said:
Captain_Yuri said:

Yes, there are a few games as opposed to none (which makes it more games) like some are suggesting. If the NX is a console and it launches in 2016, there would be no games for the wiiU in 2016 from Nintendo just now there was no games for the wii from Nintendo in 2012 when the wiiU launched

There could be other games to fill in the gaps. Diddy Kong Racing U, a Metroid game maybe, a Paper Mario, whatever. 

It's not like the GameCube was a bed of roses in 2005 and 2006 ... Mario Party (freaking Mario Party) was their big holiday title in 2005, lol. 

Pavolink said:
Soundwave said:

The thing is that Aonuma recived this morning the order to announce the "delay" with a script that sucks. I doubt it has to do anything with tech.

I honestly really am starting to think that Nintendo had a "company wide audit" where they basically reviewed all their future options and where the company is at today and what their busines prospects are for the future. 

I think in the course of that process, several big changes were made ... the decision to make smartphone games, delay Zelda, and fast track the NX platform I think all came out of that process. 

I suspect the business suit side of Nintendo came down hard on the more "bohemian, we do what we want" game development side and told them to get their sh*t together and start making more business sensible divisions. 

Maybe that faction at Nintendo was not being appeased with the promise of sleep sensors/QoL any longer and some hard decisions had to be made.