By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Nintendo Discussion - Captain Obvious: NX Will Launch in 2016 With Zelda

This smells like Saturn-Dreamcast fiasco =)
That said, we are months away from the nuclear anihilation of most of the world, so, who cares?

My grammar errors are justified by the fact that I am a brazilian living in Brazil. I am also very stupid.

Around the Network

Even though this is the weakest Nintendo's done in a LONG time, if they made a home console, they would piss off the 9 million fanboys with a Wii U, including me. That could just cause a greater upset and make Nintendo lose MORE fans, which they can't afford. I think the NX system has two possibilities.

a) The New Nintendo 3DS is the equivalent of the DSi; Nintendo wanted to make one last dollar before they trashed the entire system (and they are currently outselling the Xbox One this week, so there goal is being achieved). So, NX is the new handheld (and probably the last) for Nintendo.

b) The NX is a home/handheld console. So it would be like a Wii U, but where you could like bring the GamePad with U (ha, puns), or maybe a new interface entirely. No one knows, so...

c) They are going to create an entire new console genre (doubt it, though, but that would be COOL!)

Either way, I (and probably millions of others) would be extremely annoyed if I had to buy ANOTHER console before my console even is 2 years old!

I really don't think NX is really one singular product either.

It's not a handheld or console ... it's a line of products that share some/many of the same games.

NX tablet (portable), NX handheld (portable), NX console, NX VR console?, etc.

Remember when Iwata said if they went this approach they could actually expand the number of hardware form factors?

That's what NX is. It's not one thing. It's multiple hardware devices. "NX" is even not all that subtle of a hint at it ... Nintendo X = cross (cross of the platforms).

If NX is just a console or handheld ... why not just say so? When the Wii U (Project: Cafe) and 3DS were initially announced Nintendo clearly dilenated them as console or handheld ... yet NX ... they're not willing to specify a platform. There's a tip off right there. 

NX in 2017 at earliest

I'd be 99% sure it'll still be on the WiiU. They have spent a lot of time developing it on that platform and everyone's expecting it. They might make it for both platforms though. Although we don't know what the NX is so hard to say what that'd mean.

Around the Network

This is something I've been saying for around a year now. If I was in charge of Nintendo, I'd order all their games to be made for both Wii U and their next console, that should come Christmas 2015 (ideally) or in 2016 (at the latest). Wii U gamers should get every single game announced thus far for the system, so that they can't complain. The new system gets launched with the new Zelda, new 3D Mario, ports of MK8, SSB, XCX and all other noteworthy Wii U games should come in the first year. Obviously, the console should be based on x86 architecture, be a bit more powerful than the PS4 (maybe enough to actually allow 1080p/60fps in 3rd party multiplats?) and retail for a similar price to the competition.

But I know, it would be too obvious, too logical...

Wii U is a GCN 2 - I called it months before the release!

My Vita to-buy list: The Walking Dead, Persona 4 Golden, Need for Speed: Most Wanted, TearAway, Ys: Memories of Celceta, Muramasa: The Demon Blade, History: Legends of War, FIFA 13, Final Fantasy HD X, X-2, Worms Revolution Extreme, The Amazing Spiderman, Batman: Arkham Origins Blackgate - too many no-gaemz :/

My consoles: PS2 Slim, PS3 Slim 320 GB, PSV 32 GB, Wii, DSi.

Obviously not : NX is a portable system and this kind of Zelda won't run on it.

I really doubt it.

Could possibly happen, assuming NX is a console, and I see how that would make sense business-wise. However I don't see the system being released in 2016 already, so Zelda U couldn't be Zelda NXU.

If it does happen though, then WiiU was truly a waste.

I sincerely doubt it. If they were planning on a console launch next year 3rd party devs would have been given a dev kit at least. Even if the western devs were ignoring Nintendo. Japanese devs would still have dev kits and if they are not announcing NX games at this years E3... then I find it highly doubtful that its happening next year.