By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Nintendo Discussion - Captain Obvious: NX Will Launch in 2016 With Zelda

Soundwave said:

Well the Wii U is selling even worse than the GameCube. 

And it does have Hyrule Warriors and Zelda: WWHD at least. I still think there probably will be a Wii U version of this Zelda too ... it will just be on the NX too and the NX version (like Twilight Princess on Wii) will be the one that they focus on. 

You're not reading. I never said it wouldn't or couldn't happen. I said that it would piss a lot of people off.

I'm sorry, but those don't count. That's like if the original WW didn't exist and all that the GCN had was TP at the end of its life also delayed to be ported to the Wii, and Nintendo's rational was "Well it does have that OoT port and Four Swords Adventures."

Around the Network

Not a chance, try 2018.

The NX might almost match the Wii U's LTD in a year too .... the 3DS sold about 13 million or so in its first fiscal year, no? I mean if you're Aonuma do you want your hard work, sweat, and tears to be stuck on a platform where the wider audience won't be able to appreciate your game really?

The business suits at Nintendo ... do you really want what probably is the most expensive game in Nintendo's history to be stuck on a platform that has maybe 15 million owners tops?

You can see where other considerations would come into play here.

How do some people not see that this is going to receive the Skyward Sword treatment? Firstly, Zelda has never skipped a console/handheld (remasters, ports and spinoffs dont count) and I doubt they will start it now and secondly, the wiiU in terms of games does not look like its dying and lastly, the 3ds has almost no games coming out so the NX will be a handheld and I highly doubt this will be a launch title for a handheld of all things

If anything... This essentially confirms that the wiiU will get more games in 2016

PC Specs: CPU: 7800X3D || GPU: Strix 4090 || RAM: 32GB DDR5 6000 || Main SSD: WD 2TB SN850

So Wii U would be the first Nintendo console to _not_ get a Zelda? That would confirm the Wii U as the worst Nintendo console to own.

A warrior keeps death on the mind from the moment of their first breath to the moment of their last.

Around the Network
spemanig said:
Soundwave said:

Well the Wii U is selling even worse than the GameCube. 

And it does have Hyrule Warriors and Zelda: WWHD at least. I still think there probably will be a Wii U version of this Zelda too ... it will just be on the NX too and the NX version (like Twilight Princess on Wii) will be the one that they focus on. 

You're not reading. I never said it wouldn't or couldn't happen. I said that it would piss a lot of people off.

I'm sorry, but those don't count. That's like if the original WW didn't exist and all that the GCN had was TP at the end of its life also delayed to be ported to the Wii, and Nintendo's rational was "Well it does have that OoT port and Four Swords Adventures."

People get pissed off all the time though, and while I sympathize, the truth is they always come crawling back if the end product is good. Believe me, I've followed this game for a lot longer than most. 

I still remember holiday 1997 where people threw a sh*t fit when Nintendo basically cancelled not just one game but essentially their *entire* promised fall 1997 line up -- Zelda 64, F-Zero, Banjo-Kazooie, bang, bang, bang all delayed to 1998. And then pulling out Diddy Kong Racing as basically their only big fall release. 

This? lol ... this is small potatoes and after Twilight Princess is honestly kinda expected. If this does indeed happen, you could see it coming from about 2 miles away. 

Final Fantasy XIII Versus being rebranded as Final Fantasy XV and moved to PS4/X1 was also something you could see coming from a mile away, but fans were upset (at least some of them ... people waited almost *10 years* for that game, lmao). But now, I mean how much of the fan base is still angry that the game is on PS4 and not PS3? *crickets*

Not happening.

Official Tokyo Mirage Sessions #FE Thread

No, its not.

You are making so many likely wrong assumptions that i cant even be bothered. No, just no. Zero chance whatsoever.

Nem said:
No, its not.

You are making so many likely wrong assumptions that i cant even be bothered. No, just no. Zero chance whatsoever.

We'll see who's right, but I got similar responses to this like 6-8 months ago when I suggested Zelda U wouldn't make 2016 at all. 

Perhaps on WiiU and on NX, like Twilight Princess.
3D Mario or 2D Mario on release as well.

e=mc^2

Gaming on: PS4 Pro, Switch, SNES Mini, Wii U, PC (i5-7400, GTX 1060)