By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Nintendo Discussion - Whats More Shocking Than Zelda U's Delay? The Nintendo Fans >_>

I've seen lots of people okay with the whole delay situation. If they said the were delaying the game for no good reason then the entire fan base would be in an outrage. I'm pretty okay with it myself!

Around the Network

I'm shocked that anyone actually expected the game to be out this year...
Seriously...

Have a nice day...

Well, they have a reason to be. Nintendo could have been completely prepared for HD gaming, just by observing the failures and successes of MS and Sony last gen. Instead, they decided to continue to live in a bubble. Their system wasn't truly ready, their games/devs weren't ready, and their online infrastructure wasn't up to snuff. And because of the lack of power, they are getting nowhere near the 3rd party support of the PS4 and XBO, which helps fill in the gaps left by 1st party delays. Basically, they stumbled out the gate worse than Sony did last gen, but without the hopes of a recovery.

I think what also has Nintendo fans worried is that Nintendo has already teased its next system, which they are supposed to announce in full next year. My guess is for a 2017 launch. So, there's a chance that games may be moving to that system to round out its launch lineup. Basically what MS did with several 360 games late last gen.

You know what will be even more shocking? When Nintendo's E3 direct goes up, and we all watch Iwata walk on camera...

"Hello. Today, I want to start by announcing a new game for you. A sequel to one of the most beloved games of the past 10 years, and one you have all been asking for. Ladies and gentleman, I present SUPER...MARIO...3D Galaxy!"

I believe in honesty, civility, generosity, practicality, and impartiality.

zorg1000 said:
Soundwave said:

Wasn't really a huge surprise to me but I can understand some people losing it. Zelda being delayed is like the straw that broke the camel's back for a lot of people.

Nintendo fans get great Nintendo games, but they also put up with a lot of sh*t from Nintendo.

Outdated hardware that's generally a generation behind Sony/MS (and isn't cheap either, $300 for a Wii U and $200 for a 3DS XL comes out to $500 just to play Nintendo games), poor to basically non-existent third party support, poor online services (Wii U is ok, but Nintendo still insists on things like no online voice chat, many games don't have online support at all, etc.), long periods of droughts without big releases, they were patient with Nintendo after a very poor first year for the Wii U, etc. etc.

Kinda like the battered housewife who will always defend her husband no matter what, but then he goes and does something so bad that she just loses it, lol.

Ya $500 to get the full Nintendo experience is just too much, in 1998 it cost $200 to get a Gameboy Color+Nintendo 64, in 2003 it was $200 to get a Gameboy Advance SP+Gamecube. Adjusted for inflation that's still only in the $250-300 range to own both devices in the 5th or 6th gen.

This is really why Nintendo just needs to go ahead and completely unify their devices, u only need to buy one device to get the full experience.

So maybe they won't make as much money from hardware but at the same time that frees up people to buy more software along with Nintendo entering new business ventures like QoL/Amiibo/Mobile/IP licensing that can easily offset that.

Who wouldn't want a $199 Nintendo device that can get 3DS 2013 level support every year?

I bought both the Wii U and 3DS at launch, so I paid $350 + $250 ($600) for both pieces of hardware, lol. At least Nintendo had the decency to give me some Ambassador games when they price collapsed the 3DS. 

Around the Network
Soundwave said:
zorg1000 said:

Ya $500 to get the full Nintendo experience is just too much, in 1998 it cost $200 to get a Gameboy Color+Nintendo 64, in 2003 it was $200 to get a Gameboy Advance SP+Gamecube. Adjusted for inflation that's still only in the $250-300 range to own both devices in the 5th or 6th gen.

This is really why Nintendo just needs to go ahead and completely unify their devices, u only need to buy one device to get the full experience.

So maybe they won't make as much money from hardware but at the same time that frees up people to buy more software along with Nintendo entering new business ventures like QoL/Amiibo/Mobile/IP licensing that can easily offset that.

Who wouldn't want a $199 Nintendo device that can get 3DS 2013 level support every year?

I bought both the Wii U and 3DS at launch, so I paid $350 + $250 ($600) for both pieces of hardware, lol. At least Nintendo had the decency to give me some Ambassador games when they price collapsed the 3DS. 

Even if we compare launch price that's

N64+GBC=$270 (about $380 with inflation)

GC+GBA=$300 (about $380 with inflation)

3DS+Wii U=$600

Price isn't the only factor but I would say it's definitely a big factor for why 3DS+Wii U aren't able to match pre-Wii/DS generations in sales in the Americas.

When the herd loses its way, the shepard must kill the bull that leads them astray.

Honestly, it's not like this is a lot of money here. I woukd guess most people could save up for that in a month or two.

My issue is that Nintendo lacks an expansive platform currently, this will change next generation.

I describe myself as a little dose of toxic masculinity.