By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Nintendo Discussion - Whats More Shocking Than Zelda U's Delay? The Nintendo Fans >_>

Wasn't really a huge surprise to me but I can understand some people losing it. Zelda being delayed is like the straw that broke the camel's back for a lot of people.

Nintendo fans get great Nintendo games, but they also put up with a lot of sh*t from Nintendo.

Outdated hardware that's generally a generation behind Sony/MS (and isn't cheap either, $300 for a Wii U and $200 for a 3DS XL comes out to $500 just to play Nintendo games), poor to basically non-existent third party support, poor online services (Wii U is ok, but Nintendo still insists on things like no online voice chat, many games don't have online support at all, etc.), long periods of droughts without big releases, they were patient with Nintendo after a very poor first year for the Wii U, etc. etc.

Kinda like the battered housewife who will always defend her husband no matter what, but then he goes and does something so bad that she just loses it, lol.

Around the Network
zorg1000 said:
It sucks but Wii U still has a pretty solid line up of exclusives releasing this year

Splatoon, Yoshi's Woolly World, Xenoblade Chronicles X, Mario Maker, Devil's Third, Star Fox

This, add Rodea, Lego Jurrasic world, Project cars and the intriguing Tantalus port, its not too bad a year for Wii U games.

Soundwave said:

Wasn't really a huge surprise to me but I can understand some people losing it. Zelda being delayed is like the straw that broke the camel's back for a lot of people.

Nintendo fans get great Nintendo games, but they also put up with a lot of sh*t from Nintendo.

Outdated hardware that's generally a generation behind Sony/MS (and isn't cheap either, $300 for a Wii U and $200 for a 3DS XL comes out to $500 just to play Nintendo games), poor to basically non-existent third party support, poor online services (Wii U is ok, but Nintendo still insists on things like no online voice chat, many games don't have online support at all, etc.), long periods of droughts without big releases, they were patient with Nintendo after a very poor first year for the Wii U, etc. etc.

Kinda like the battered housewife who will always defend her husband no matter what, but then he goes and does something so bad that she just loses it, lol.

Ya $500 to get the full Nintendo experience is just too much, in 1998 it cost $200 to get a Gameboy Color+Nintendo 64, in 2003 it was $200 to get a Gameboy Advance SP+Gamecube. Adjusted for inflation that's still only in the $250-300 range to own both devices in the 5th or 6th gen.

This is really why Nintendo just needs to go ahead and completely unify their devices, u only need to buy one device to get the full experience.

So maybe they won't make as much money from hardware but at the same time that frees up people to buy more software along with Nintendo entering new business ventures like QoL/Amiibo/Mobile/IP licensing that can easily offset that.

Who wouldn't want a $199 Nintendo device that can get 3DS 2013 level support every year?

When the herd loses its way, the shepard must kill the bull that leads them astray.

Its interesting to see how differently people react to Uncharted 4 and Zelda U getting delayed

Soundwave said:

Yeah that pretty much sums up my feelings. The Wii U has given me some truly spectacular gaming experiences, but I'm nearing the end of my tolerance for Nintendo's bullshit.

Around the Network
SjOne said:
Its interesting to see how differently people react to Uncharted 4 and Zelda U getting delayed

Well if I had a PS4 and learned about the delay, I wouldn't worry too much because I have a lot of 3rd party games(that I want to play) to expect, but now that I only still have a Wii U as an 8th gen console, I have limited games(that I want to play) to choose from, though I don't resort to cursing or raging about the delay, just disappointed(huge one).

Nintendo Switch FC: SW-6340-7643-4233 aka Renji

Steam: Lee Roid

ignore them. It's mostly the same people complaining still for graphics to be the tech demo shown and thinking the new style is super kiddy and gay.

I always get amused when checking out reaction videos or stuff on youtube for news like these or especially when smash stuff was announced. Half the tiems its kids not much older than 12-14 and getting super excited or pissed off with something. It's like really? You've probably never even heard of teh character introduced or played more than 1 zelda game if even in your life.

I figure with any delay, there will be people who will be upset, some more than others. That's just what usually happens. : /

Dance my pretties!

The Official Art Thread      -      The Official Manga Thread      -      The Official Starbound Thread

You know why this hurts so much, as a Nintendo fan? Secretly, this is what everyone was waiting for and they really didn't care about what came out in between. But now that we know it isn't even getting a E3 showing...that's just a stab in the back. I mean, they're showing...absolutely...nothing. That makes no sense. Even if you did want to highlight other games that won't sell as well as Zelda, you wouldn't show nothing from the game. Something else is going on at Nintendo. I'm not upset, rather...I'm quite worried as this is Wii U's 3rd birthday is quickly approaching.

Not a fan of it either, but it's a pretty consistent response with game delays. You can't change the gaming community being outspoken. :P

It'll be awhile before I figure out how to do one of these. :P