By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Nintendo Discussion - Whats More Shocking Than Zelda U's Delay? The Nintendo Fans >_>

Carl2291 said:
curl-6 said:

Supporting one platform while neglecting another is not good enough, a company should support all their platfoms adequately.

There is only so much that one publisher or developer can do. The Wii U output from Nintendo has been as good as you'd expect. Look at it realistically. Nintendo have released 2 Mario platformers, a Luigi platformer, Mario Kart 8, Smash Bros, Donkey Kong Country, Pikmin 3, Wind Waker HD and the Wii Series games. Among other 1st party titles, Nintendo have gone out to actually get developers creating new and exclusive content on Wii U such as Hyrule Warriors, Bayonetta 2, The Wonderful 101, ZombiU, Monster Hunter, LEGO City...

Nintendo have actively tried with the biggest IPs they have. Theyre still trying to push out new, exclusive content in 2015 with things like Xenoblade, Splatoon, Starfox. We have no idea what else they have planned for reveal in the Weeks leading up to and including E3.

To say that Nintendo of all developers and publishers hasnt tried to support the Wii U, I think, is simply wrong.

curl-6 said:

Animal Crossing is primarily a handheld series though, even on Wii's enormous userbase it didn't sell gangbusters.

Animal Crossing sold over 3.1 Million on Gamecube and 4.6 Million on Wii. There is a fairly big audience for Animal Crossing on consoles. 

They have tried, but I think the result show they didn't try hard enough.

And I very much doubt Animal Crossing on Wii U would reach even GCN sales or move significant hardware. I expect it to come all the same though.

Around the Network

Nintendo doesn't support failures for long.

They pulled the plug on the Virtual Boy quick.

They really didn't support the GameCube themselves after 2004 if you really look back at it.

They moved Zelda to Wii and gave the GCN a second rate release (even forced it to be after the Wii launch, lol, even though GameCube owners waited 2+ years for that game, tell me how that wasn't a slap in the face to GCN owners?).

None of their core teams at EAD or Retro worked on a Wii-only title after 2004 ... it was all mostly outsourced stuff like Geist, Star Fox Assault, and Mario Party games (Hudson) after that.

Fire Emblem and Super Paper Mario were moved to the Wii 100%.

Nintendo knows the Wii U is a failure. They're just riding it out and support it for the sake of not upsetting too many people, but they're not going to go out of their way for it any more either IMO. People don't want to hear that, but lets be real -- they treated the GameCube like a red headed stepchild after 2004.

curl-6 said:

Animal Crossing is primarily a handheld series though, even on Wii's enormous userbase it didn't sell gangbusters.

I think the better Online possibilities of WiiU can be the key of the new Animal Crossing.

And probably they are going to make some big change on this game that could make the game more appealing for the nearly 10 millions fans of the franchise.

Animal Crossing would be a perfect holiday game if is done correctly. Is not Zelda, buy oh well... 

(Also... lots of people underestimate the incredible potential of Mario Maker, there´s almost no other game with better sales on a Nintendo console (Nes, Snes, Wii, WiiU) than a 2d Mario.... and this seems the definitive 2D Mario)

tbone, i'm going to lock this thread for your own good.

Rol will be proud of me.

Edit: On advice from the others, i'll re-open it. But you should be wary.

Monster Hunter: pissing me off since 2010.

curl-6 said:

And I very much doubt Animal Crossing on Wii U would reach even GCN sales or move significant hardware. I expect it to come all the same though.

What would you call trying hard enough? Im curious what you expect from Nintendo on Wii U that currently isnt on the console.

Around the Network
homer said:
Aielyn said:
The only *announced* games. Iwata has explicitly said that there are more games to announce for 2015.

All we can do is wait and see. I'm going to go on the record and say nothing of note will be announced. Maybe Paper Mario Wiiu, but that is the only game of some prestige that would be reasonably hidden for so long. Best case scenario imo.

Nintendo has a long history of surprises. In addition to Paper Mario (which has popped up on a few listings recently) and Pokemon Rumble World, obvious candidates for surprises include Animal Crossing, Diddy Kong Racing 2 (lots of rumours about that), and Pokken Tournament amongst games with strong rumours. Then there's Next Level Games and Retro Studios, which we know to be working on things (with some overlap, possibly, on one of them). And Tantalus is working on some sort of AAA major port for the Wii U. And Crytek have an upcoming announcement of some sort of "huge new licensing deal". And that's before we start asking about other notable Nintendo franchises that would fill the gap (like Metroid) or new announcements that they would hold off on until E3 (like an Amiibo-centric title utilising a variety of Nintendo franchises).

I just can't see how you could call "nothing but maybe Paper Mario U" to be a "best case scenario", given all we know about Nintendo.

Carl2291 said:
curl-6 said:

What would you call trying hard enough? Im curious what you expect from Nintendo on Wii U that currently isnt on the console.

No delays. Buy more third party titles and expand first party studios to provide a steady stream of releases.

Carl2291 said:
curl-6 said:

Metroid, Paper Mario, Fire Emblem, Zelda, main Pokémon game (the only thing that could sell a decent amount of Nintendo home consoles)

Well I haven't read any responses because Im too busy playing the GOTY but I guess I will just take you word that the internet is being the internet as usual =P

Samus Aran said:
Carl2291 said:

Metroid, Paper Mario, Fire Emblem, Zelda, main Pokémon game (the only thing that could sell a decent amount of Nintendo home consoles)

Metroid: We could be getting one, who knows

Paper Mario: I dont get how this one is a heavy hitter, seems more personal. 

Fire Emblem: Needs 700k+ to be profitable, i dont see this happening.Besides we are getting one on the 3ds (and Awakening was meant originally to be the last game)

Zelda: Its still coming

Pokemon: 15+ years of hearing this, let it gooooooo. 10mil+ isnt coming on HC.