By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Sales Discussion - spectacular xbox360 price drop

in europe (or at least the netherlands but im thinking all of europe since why lower prices for 1 small country) xbox360 is gonna have a price-drop.

Xbox360 arcade - 199 euro

Xbox360 premium - 299 euro

Xbox360 Elite - 399 euro

i found the information here: http://www.gamer.nl/doc.php/44879/Xbox-360-verlaagt-in-prijs-per-14-maart?p=1#commentsblok and it just says that in the magazines of bart smit and intertoys (2 toy-shops) of next week it says xbox360 drops prices...

so i wouldnt say it is a 100% sure but it would be nice,,, and how do you think this will affect sales?

Around the Network

already posted =)

Neos - "If I'm posting in this thread it's just for the lulz."
Tag by the one and only Fkusumot!

So it will cost half as much as a PS3 ... good strategy , but the question is when will Sony lower the 40 gb to 300 E ?

Vote the Mayor for Mayor!

Please check recent threads next time. http://www.vgchartz.com/forum/thread.php?id=19871#end

But welcome to VGChartz!

That's still very expensive compared to American prices.

Around the Network

that price drop was inevitable.

ps3 needs a price drop. and fast. i say drop the price by 100 euros? cut the price by 50 bucks american? in the summer though.

@CaptainPref

why does the PS3 need a price drop fast? It is selling way better than the 360 in Europe. Wait and see how much a 360 price drop will effect things. If the 360 starts outselling the PS3 in Europe, then Sony can drop the price of the PS3 just before GTA4 hits :)

Username2324 said:
That's still very expensive compared to American prices.

Actually no...

Last I checked all taxes are already included in the costs in the EU, unlike american/canadian prices.

Proud Member of GAIBoWS (Gamers Against Irrational Bans of Weezy & Squilliam)

=p Hmm I want it cheaper;.

hmm, I beleive Nintendo will lower the Wii to 179.99 then, to keep it as the image of the most affordable console.

End of 2009 Predictions (Set, January 1st 2009)

Wii- 72 million   3rd Year Peak, better slate of releases

360- 37 million   Should trend down slightly after 3rd year peak

PS3- 29 million  Sales should pick up next year, 3rd year peak and price cut