By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Sales Discussion - spectacular xbox360 price drop

£200 360 is a much more enticing proposition

Around the Network
gebx said:
Username2324 said:
That's still very expensive compared to American prices.

Actually no...

Last I checked all taxes are already included in the costs in the EU, unlike american/canadian prices.

We go though this everytime international prices are discussed. Tax is indeed included in EU console prices, but they're still more expensive than the US consoles. €300, minus 19% tax is about €250, which is about $380. The dollar is just way too weak for the tax to compensate.

bigjon said:
hmm, I beleive Nintendo will lower the Wii to 179.99 then, to keep it as the image of the most affordable console.

Dropping the price of a constantly sold out console must be the worst business decision ever. So I don´t think they´ll do that. I know it´s not constantly sold out here, but it´s not easy to get either.

andamanen said:
gebx said:
Username2324 said:

Actually no...

Last I checked all taxes are already included in the costs in the EU, unlike american/canadian prices.

We go though this everytime international prices are discussed. Tax is indeed included in EU console prices, but they're still more expensive than the US consoles. €300, minus 19% tax is about €250, which is about $380. The dollar is just way too weak for the tax to compensate.

Weird why is the Arcade the only one similar to U.S. cost?

€199 = $305 U.S.
$279+ 6% tax = $295 U.S.

Proud Member of GAIBoWS (Gamers Against Irrational Bans of Weezy & Squilliam)

A €80 ($125 USD!) price drop on Arcade seems to imply its being phased out in Europe...

Around the Network
BengaBenga said:
bigjon said:
hmm, I beleive Nintendo will lower the Wii to 179.99 then, to keep it as the image of the most affordable console.

Dropping the price of a constantly sold out console must be the worst business decision ever. So I don´t think they´ll do that. I know it´s not constantly sold out here, but it´s not easy to get either.

Europe has always been Nintendo's worst Market. Nintendo needs to maintain its mo there, a price drop would do the trick.

End of 2009 Predictions (Set, January 1st 2009)

Wii- 72 million   3rd Year Peak, better slate of releases

360- 37 million   Should trend down slightly after 3rd year peak

PS3- 29 million  Sales should pick up next year, 3rd year peak and price cut

I think MS shouldn't alow the 360's price to drop too low , it cheapens it.

"Next Gen" hardware that's similar in price to the Wii doesn't sound too attractive IMO.

BengaBenga said:
Please check recent threads next time. http://www.vgchartz.com/forum/thread.php?id=19871#end

But welcome to VGChartz!

They really need to add a search to this site. How can you blame people for dbl posts when there is no easy way to check 10 forums to see if it's been talked about?

My only grip with this site. Please give us a search :) 

Username2324 said:

Not really...We (Europeans) earn as much euro's as you guys earn dollars each year

In my country we average out at 32.000 euro's a year.

US averages out at 32.000 $ a year.

Dollar vs Euro might be 1:1.5 but that doesn't mean we are getting screwed. Our export is getting screwed and when American come visit Europe they are getting screwed. Not us Europeans! You think of it the wrong way! 

THE NETHERLANDS

bigjon said:
BengaBenga said:
bigjon said:

Europe has always been Nintendo's worst Market. Nintendo needs to maintain its mo there, a price drop would do the trick.

no way will they drop the wiis price. its outselling every other console easily.

theyre making so much profit, they wont price drop for a long time. say what you want, but it won't happen.