By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Nintendo Discussion - Subspace Emissary-- not that good.

I loved SSE. Didn't really see much wrong with it.

Around the Network

[[[[[SPOILERS]]]]]]

Is Dedede putting badges on people to make them his friends?

P.S. The longest loading times I've ever had were 3 seconds.

Onimusha12 said:

[[[[[SPOILERS]]]]]]

Is Dedede putting badges on people to make them his friends?

P.S. The longest loading times I've ever had were 3 seconds.

You haven't unlockd Wolf via SSE or played Event 41 yet then.

I've done both, neither were that bad.

fkusumot said:

Sorry, didn't read anything but the OP because I don't want to read any spoilers. Really Tommy, I think you just got caught up on the hype train and then it turned out the SSE wasn't as good as playing with a bunch of friends. I don't know of course, haven't played yet, will be playing this weekend. I'm just hoping the story is "epic" and silly and pretty fantastic with cool cut scenes. That will make me happy. Peace out.

Prepare to have your wish granted

Could I trouble you for some maple syrup to go with the plate of roffles you just served up?

Tag, courtesy of fkusumot: "Why do most of the PS3 fanboys have avatars that looks totally pissed?"
"Ok, girl's trapped in the elevator, and the power's off.  I swear, if a zombie comes around the next corner..."
Around the Network

Eh, I liked the Subspace emmisary except for two levels. 1 where the level progression made no sense and I was stuck in an SNES RPG.

Then the Maze level, which just took forever to find everything and was annoying as all heck.

I kinda rushed through it though and didn't fully enjoy it because I wanted to unlock all the characters ASAP. I'll have to play it again.

Kasz216 said:

Then the Maze level, which just took forever to find everything and was annoying as all heck.

Different strokes for different folks but I loved the Maze. 

I loved the Great Cave Offensive in Kirby Superstar and the Maze was pretty much the SSBB version of it right down to the bosses and collectible items. The Save/Heal system was great too.  By the the time I needed to heal or was running low on lives, I was always on the cusp of a well-placed safety door.

Words Of Wisdom said:
Kasz216 said:

Different strokes for different folks but I loved the Maze.

I loved the Great Cave Offensive in Kirby Superstar and the Maze was pretty much the SSBB version of it right down to the bosses and collectible items. The Save/Heal system was great too. By the the time I needed to heal or was running low on lives, I was always on the cusp of a well-placed safety door.

Oh, i'm sure i'd of liked the maze more if it wasn't for the fact that I REALLY wanted to get to the end of the game and unlock all the characters to try them out in "Brawl" proper. Also so that my girlfriend and friend who was staying over for a few days could before he went back.

Which is why i'm going to have to replay it... though the same way... cause screw Peach. Zelda is way better... even more so now that Peach seems to occasionally get morphed into a Brtiney Spears type character ala strikers.

Kasz216 said:

Which is why i'm going to have to replay it... though the same way... cause screw Peach. Zelda is way better... even more so now that Peach seems to occasionally get morphed into a Brtiney Spears type character ala strikers.

Erm?  What's wrong with Peach?  Other than she seems to have even less reach in Brawl than Melee (how is that even possible)?

Words Of Wisdom said:
Kasz216 said:

Erm? What's wrong with Peach? Other than she seems to have even less reach in Brawl than Melee (how is that even possible)?

I'm just not a fan of the character... i'm kinda sick of the "Tee-hee i'm a girl" stereotype, right up to the freakin frying pan attack. (I know Mario RPG, I didn't like it there either.)

In Mario Strikers she really rubbed me the wrong way. Personal preference really.

Plus she has a bit of "bystander syndrome" like Sakura from Naruto.  She does pretty much nothing in the cutscenes that revolve around fighting.