By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Sony Discussion - Sony Santa Monica Has No Plans for More God of War PS4 Remasters; Explains Why Remasters Are Made

Do people realize God Of War 1 and 2 are both on PSNow? The only game in the series not available to play on PS4 is III. But I guess this will be TLOU Remaster all over again wherein everyone will be pissed off over its existence all the while not making mention of the other quarter million remasters.

PC GAMING: BEST GAMES. WORST CONTROLS

A mouse & keyboard are made for sending email and typing internet badassery. Not for playing video games!!!

Around the Network

Not sure why the hate for remasters. If you don't like them then don't buy them. Personally I've already played GOWIII on PS3 so I have no need to buy it but I would love Ascension to come to PS4 because I haven't played it. I could buy it for my PS3 but I would rather play the sexier version on the PS4. I have that option and choice is what we want.

Remasters do not take much away from the main studios as it's relatively a small job compared creating a new game and even 3rd party developers sometimes are tasked with the job. These remasters do not replace original games.

Hate is unjustified and is wrongly used as a weapon against the PS4. I'm glad I have a chance to pick up a superior versions of an original game that I missed the first time around. GTAV and TLOU on PS4 have been worth my hard earned.

archer9234 said:

Why would a new person to the GOW series play 3 first. That's the whole confusing matter with this.

Because GOW treads a lot of the same ground. You can play GOW 3 and get a good story without feeling like you've missed much from previous games

What about GOW Ascension? :S

HintHRO said:
Sounds like greatness still awaits for the RePlaystation 4

Double Bubble called; they want you to write Pud's comics for their gum wrappers.

I didn't want to respond, but c'mon man.

#1 Amb-ass-ador

Around the Network
HintHRO said:

~Mod Edit~
This post has been moderated.

-Smeags

Oops looks like I was a little late. Props Smeags!

#1 Amb-ass-ador

HollyGamer said:
NobleTeam360 said:
So you start at GoW 3? Makes sense.

no it doesn't make sense, maybe they dont have the budget or enough people to make more ip (maybe the other team focusing on more new ip), or maybe this project is just some experiment to learn new system.

i dont believe if their reason is just introduce GOW to people who havent played on PS3 because if that's the reason they could have just put all God of War games in one disc like MCC.

Me saying "make sense" was sarcasm. 

Dear Sony you are stupid. The more players we have....

The shittier the games get (no single gems dont mean games get better at all)
The more streamline-y the games get
The more you make games that try to please different tastes at the same time(which does not work)
The easier the games get.(because the audience is dum*)
The more you listen to id*ots that have no idea what they are talking about(lets say there is a ton of emails from people that want you to change things up in lets say Uncharted4 but those mails are not coming from the UC fanbase but from wanabe gamers that think you should change the games so it suits their tastes. Like with some of the so called "feminists" or any other group that has a agenda).

Becoming mainstream is the worst thing that can happen to anything be it music games movies books etc... Why dont you just say "because remasters generate profit"? Would be 100% honest without any kind of excuse.

JazzB1987 said:

The shittier the games get (no single gems dont mean games get better at all)
The easier the games get.(because the audience is dum*)
The more you listen to id*ots that have no idea what they are talking about(lets say there is a ton of emails from people that want you to

You have a very interesting idea of censorship lol

#1 Amb-ass-ador

ReimTime said:
HintHRO said:

~Mod Edit~
This post has been moderated.

-Smeags

Oops looks like I was a little late. Props Smeags!

A bit harsh to ban the guy...