By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Nintendo Discussion - Sadly, I'm Just Not Sure Nintendo Can Impress Me Anymore

S.T.A.G.E. said:
curl-6 said:

Yeah, I'm aware of PS's slow start pattern. Which is why I am open to changing my mind about PS4 if they step their game up.

Even by the end of its life though, PS2 just didn't have that celebration of games as games that PS1 (and Nintendo's systems) have.

The PS2's library is considered arguably one of the greatest overall libraries of all time. I don't understand how you came to that conclusion but everyone has their opinion. Thats cool.

It is difficult to explain because ultimately it comes down to words like vibe/spirit/charm/soul. It's a purely emotional and subjective thing.

Around the Network
curl-6 said:
S.T.A.G.E. said:

The PS2's library is considered arguably one of the greatest overall libraries of all time. I don't understand how you came to that conclusion but everyone has their opinion. Thats cool.

It is difficult to explain because ultimately it comes down to words like vibe/spirit/charm/soul. It's a purely emotional and subjective thing.

I had guessed it had something to do with that. Thats fine. 

NES, SNES, N64, and GC are better than Wii and Wii U.
Xbox is better than the 360 and X1.
PS2 was far better than PS1, PS3, and for sure as hell PS4.

This generation of gaming is so disappointing. Glad I have PC gaming.

Areal-Llort said:

This generation of gaming is so disappointing. 

This much I agree with, at least so far. Let's hope it picks up.

Spazzy_D said:
I'm probably the only person in the world that feels this way, but Gamecube > Xbox > Dreamcast > PS2. I really felt like the PS2 was the most underwhelming 6th gen console.

Maybe it's because I was in college at the time, and most of my gaming was done socially.

The Playstation was the least social of all of them, but by god if it didnt have an overwhelming variety of quality games over the competition.

Around the Network
curl-6 said:
Areal-Llort said:

This generation of gaming is so disappointing. 

I don't know. Killzone, InFamous, Sunset Overdrive, Halo:MCC, Shadows of Mordor, Ori and the Blind Forest, Super Smash Bros and Mario Kart ontop of others are all very fun. This is actually the most fun i've had in a while. Reason being? I own two of the three consoles and play on my friends Wii U until I get mine when Star Fox comes out.

S.T.A.G.E. said:
curl-6 said:

I don't know. Killzone, InFamous, Sunset Overdrive, Halo:MCC, Shadows of Mordor, Ori and the Blind Forest, Super Smash Bros and Mario Kart ontop of others are all very fun. This is actually the most fun i've had in a while. Reason being? I own two of the three consoles and play on my friends Wii U until I get mine when Star Fox comes out.

To me, everything so far, including Nintendo, just seems like the same old games as last gen with more shine but less creativity.

curl-6 said:
S.T.A.G.E. said:

To me, everything so far, including Nintendo, just seems like the same old games as last gen with more shine but less creativity.

I don't know I couldn't do what I did in InFamous last gen and Killzone Shadowfall didnt play nor look like part three. Halo MCC is amazing...I forgot how amazing this franchise was with a new CG storyline for Halo 2 andnew fully remastered versions of the games. The hype is real for me for Halo 5 now. Ori and Blind Forest is beautiful and Nintendos games are always Nintendos games. I had fun just like always with them. it never changes and personally maybe its best that they stay that way because the familiarity is nice when you have upgrades. Its nice to play Nintendo games just for fun with friends even though it can create a sligh competitive streak. Is Nintendo your only console or do you have another platform?

this whole concept of "grown up" games really escapes me. I picked up a wii-u and a ps4 and i have to say that, so far, i'm digging the wii-u more. Don't get me wrong i really liked evil within, and i loved shadow of mordor. I just never stopped mid game to say "man this game is so grown up! i'm so glad it's rated m for mature!" Other than those 2 games i think the ps4 has a fairly lackluster library. I've been fairly unimpressed with the order, killzone 4, watchdogs, destiny and by far the biggest disappointment; evolve. I keep finding myself going back to smash bros and mario kart, and ive found the bayonetta games and wonderful 101 far more entertaining than most of the competition.
So yeah, i really don't care if a games rated m for mature or e for everyone. If a game is good a game is good, and a rating has absolutely no impact on that. My 2 most anticipated coming soon titles; mortal kombat x and splatoon. :)

S.T.A.G.E. said:
curl-6 said:

I don't know I couldn't do what I did in InFamous last gen and Killzone Shadowfall didnt play nor look like part three. Halo MCC is amazing...I forgot how amazing this franchise was with a new CG storyline for Halo 2 andnew fully remastered versions of the games. The hype is real for me for Halo 5 now. Ori and Blind Forest is beautiful and Nintendos games are always Nintendos games. I had fun just like always with them. it never changes and personally maybe its best that they stay that way because the familiarity is nice when you have upgrades. Its nice to play Nintendo games just for fun with friends even though it can create a sligh competitive streak. Is Nintendo your only console or do you have another platform?

Up until very recently I had a PS3 and 360; both have fallen victim to my little brother pulling them apart to "fix" them and rendering them totally inoperable as opposed to just partially functional.

I'm gonna be brutally honest, I found Shadowfall awful, as well as Titanfall, Knack, Driveclub, Wonderful 101, Dead Rising 3, Destiny, Watch Dogs, LittleBigPlanet 3, Smash Bros 4... there's been a few gems this gen, but for the most part it's been an avalanche of disappointment for me.