By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Gaming Discussion - What's the deal with people being jerks online?

Most people on the internet aren't jerks. It's just that those that are gets noticed, the others don't.

Around the Network
Skullwaker said:
Everyone online is an asshole. Everyone. It's better to just not give them the satisfaction of being upset.

I'm not :'(

Add me on Xbox: DWTKarma 

Don't play fighting games online. Seriously, watch some EVO finals and watch the players, do you really want to be like them?

Also, even SC2 pro players admitted Blizzard had to do something for casual play or the game will lose relevancy. Within FG scene, nothing is ever wrong except for you not wanting to git gud.

ReimTime said:
Redgrave said:

That's understandable, I really don't get the joy of spamming for some people, fuck them all.

And best of luck with DOA.

Thanks man, I quite enjoy it offline; it's a good fighting game really

It is, it's my favorite fighting series, it's also got a welcoming community as well.

Such is life when you're given anonymity.

Around the Network

Well I'm pretty much a jerk everywhere, so that's my excuse

It's literally only because people think they are safe, hidden behind their screens. It's basically just a way to get any/all anger out of you for no reason. The internet brings out the bad in people generally. (Obviously, not everyone)

[Switch Friend code: 3909-3991-4970]

[Xbox Live: JissuWolfe]

[PSN: Jissu]

but some people are crazy assholes in real life too.

I hear more people swearing and hating on each other in real life than in online games.

Sadly the world is full of jerks, its just the internet allows them to be a bigger jerk to even more people.

Australian Gamer (add me if you like)               
NNID: Maraccuda              
PS Network: Maraccuda           

People choose to act like jerks online because they can easily get away with it!

---Member of the official Squeezol Fanclub---