By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Gaming Discussion - What's the deal with people being jerks online?

IIIIITHE1IIIII said:
Mr.Playstation said:

Is a 1.13 kill to deat ratio good enough to not get actively bullied online :(.

You have my condolences.

R.I.P. in peace

#1 Amb-ass-ador

Around the Network
Bofferbrauer said:
This is why I rarely play any non-local multiplayer, be it on consoles or PC (World of Tanks being the exeption to the rule because of an awesome german-speaking multinational fun-clan I found there).

I played TTT2 on my Wii U in online multiplayer but I'm not very good at it and most opponents I had where extremly cheap to boot, always repeating just one move, locking me pretty much in a cycle of hurt. Thus I stopped very soon and didn't play it online for over a year by now.

Same thing happened to me. As soon as it happened I knew that there was some buttons I could press to stop him, I just didn't know them. He did it for an entire round and then I gave up. I stayed on the floor and he had to keep hitting me with a low kick. I then got a "lol, fuk u" message. Yes, fuck me for not knowing how to block one move and not you for doing the same move over and over again. Pretty much why I never play online. I don't have the time to memorize every move nor do I find it fun. Playing against friends is the best, especially when both players like the game and would know not to pull that kind of crap.

naruball said:
Bofferbrauer said:
This is why I rarely play any non-local multiplayer, be it on consoles or PC (World of Tanks being the exeption to the rule because of an awesome german-speaking multinational fun-clan I found there).

I played TTT2 on my Wii U in online multiplayer but I'm not very good at it and most opponents I had where extremly cheap to boot, always repeating just one move, locking me pretty much in a cycle of hurt. Thus I stopped very soon and didn't play it online for over a year by now.

Same thing happened to me. As soon as it happened I knew that there was some buttons I could press to stop him, I just didn't know them. He did it for an entire round and then I gave up. I stayed on the floor and he had to keep hitting me with a low kick. I then got a "lol, fuk u" message. Yes, fuck me for not knowing how to block one move and not you for doing the same move over and over again. Pretty much why I never play online. I don't have the time to memorize every move nor do I find it fun. Playing against friends is the best, especially when both players like the game and would know not to pull that kind of crap.

I used to play DOA5 online but all I came up against were a bunch of Jann Lee's spamming the same move and screaming "WAAAATAAAAAAAA!!!!!!!!!!!" so yea that didn't last very long

#1 Amb-ass-ador

I like when people flame me because i crushed them.

in real life if many people were acting as they do online they would get punched in the face haha. that's plainly why. it's like a 'getaway' in the sense of you can let out some of your frustration by arguing with and attacking people

its lame, for sure, but I suppose I would rather people act like dicks online than constantly in person. get it out of their system

Around the Network
RenCutypoison said:
I like when people flame me because i crushed them.

intense haha :O :O :O

ReimTime said:
naruball said:
Bofferbrauer said:

I used to play DOA5 online but all I came up against were a bunch of Jann Lee's spamming the same move and screaming "WAAAATAAAAAAAA!!!!!!!!!!!" so yea that didn't last very long

Zack is pretty bad for spamming as well, the low kicks can be anoying. Try Alpha-152, a spammer's nightmare right there.

Redgrave said:
ReimTime said:

Zack is pretty bad for spamming as well, the low kicks can be anoying. Try Alpha-152, a spammer's nightmare right there.

Yea I hate them too. Luckily I never came up against them online. I haven't unlocked Alpha-152 yet, but I removed the other two from my random filter just because I hate them so much

#1 Amb-ass-ador

ReimTime said:
Redgrave said:

Yea I hate them too. Luckily I never came up against them online. I haven't unlocked Alpha-152 yet, but I removed the other two from my random filter just because I hate them so much

That's understandable, I really don't get the joy of spamming for some people, fuck them all.

And best of luck with DOA.

Redgrave said:
ReimTime said:

That's understandable, I really don't get the joy of spamming for some people, fuck them all.

And best of luck with DOA.

Thanks man, I quite enjoy it offline; it's a good fighting game really

#1 Amb-ass-ador