By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Gaming Discussion - Top 10 Games With the Best "next gen" Graphics

The first 2 spots are easy for me, Uncharted: Drake's Fortune and Ratchet & Clank: Tools of Destruction, hands down.

Naughty Dog: "At Naughty Dog, we're pretty sure we should be able to see leaps between games on the PS3 that are even bigger than they were on the PS2."

PS3 vs 360 sales

Around the Network

1. Uncharted

I haven't played GT5p yet (not yet released here), but with regard to this game the graphics certainly look to be out of the league of other realistic style drving games.

Naughty Dog: "At Naughty Dog, we're pretty sure we should be able to see leaps between games on the PS3 that are even bigger than they were on the PS2."

PS3 vs 360 sales

to put wii games on this list amazes me.....

Around the Network

1. Crysis (bitch)
2. Bioshock
3. Microsoft Flight Simulator X ;)
4. Unreal Tournament 3
5. Orange Box (Portal)
6. StarCraft II
7. Mass Effect
8. Call of Duty 4: Modern Warfare
9. Elder Scrolls 4: Oblivion
10. Super Mario Galaxy

Wow lots of fighting over graphics here, well here's my view on things, power wise Uncharted, Bioshock, any game going for realism that's not a racing or RPG yet still up there is using a bit more power, how they looks is up to the style and what people themselves like, the lighting and water for Uncharted looks amazing, like the light hitting his face in one of the posted pics looks like real life lighting and actually makes me think of how that bright and clear sun hitting my own face annoys the crap out of me, however I don't like the style or setting of Heavenly Sword and would never put it on the list.

Car games have looked close to real since last gen now its just more polygons and still the backgrounds need work when it would be fine to add less to the cars and more to buildings, people, etc. Simply its not hard to get a basic block shape and the edges into smooth curves, its harder to make a person look real. So no car game would ever get on my list.

RPGs are slower paced most of the time so not really forcing the hardware to work at a fast pace so by default they have an advantage they have a little extra slack to work with but yes they all look very good this gen but I thought that point needed to be made.

MaxwellGT2000 - "Does the amount of times you beat it count towards how hardcore you are?"

Wii Friend Code - 5882 9717 7391 0918 (PM me if you add me), PSN - MaxwellGT2000, XBL - BlkKniteCecil, MaxwellGT2000

01) Gran Turismo 5 (Prolouge)
02) Uncharted: Drake's Fortune
03) Call of Duty 4
04) Gears of War
05) Metal Gear Solid 4
06) Mass Effect
07) Ratchet & Clank Future
08) Bioshock
09) The Elder Scrolls IV: Oblivion
10) Resistance: Fall of Man

Now Uncharted............and Killzone 2...in future.

graphics lol hehhe

1. GT5:P (The real GT5 will be much better )
2. Uncharted
3. UT3
4. CoD4
5. R&C:TOD
6. Folklore
7. Motorstorm
8. Oblivion
9. The Darkness
10. Assains Creed

All for PS3! i own a wii too but i cant compare the graphics with PS3 its unfair, anyway the wii is not about graphics

I like technology when its moving forward..

PSN: methys