By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Gaming Discussion - Top 10 Games With the Best "next gen" Graphics

@selnor

Well if you think heavenly Sword looks BETTER than uncharted YOU have serious eye problems..

All hail the KING, Andrespetmonkey

Around the Network

This thread needs more Mario

honestly uncharted takes the cacke for me,,,it looks like a movie,,,

@ Selnor
look at the shots posted by me and Leo-j in the game ,,,honestly are you saying that the game doesn't deserve a spot in top 15??

SpartanFX said:

@ Selnor
look at the shots posted by me and Leo-j in the game ,,,honestly are you saying that the game doesn't deserve a spot in top 15??
At my mates house when he was playing it.(Uncharted) It just wasnt that gobsmacking. Maybe because I own Mass Effect, Gears, Bioshock and so on. Theres some good dont get me wrong. Eg. Some textures just are flat. Animation? sometimes iffy. If this thread was for water effects Uncharted would be in the top 2. 

selnor said:
SpartanFX said:

@ Selnor
At my mates house when he was playing it.(Uncharted) It just wasnt that gobsmacking. Maybe because I own Mass Effect, Gears, Bioshock and so on. Theres some good dont get me wrong. Eg. Some textures just are flat. Animation? sometimes iffy. If this thread was for water effects Uncharted would be in the top 2. 

They are all good,,,LO also looks good,,,,,the only thing that I had problems while playing at me mate's house was the load times,but the graphic are decent,,,It is in my top 15 as of now ,,,not in my top 10 yet. 

Around the Network

I would argue that Gears of War doesn't deserve a place at the top of the list. Basically it effectively used some simple design philosophies to appear more spectacular then it actually was. Dark environments, and gray, black, and brown color schemes will always make an environment seem more details. The old axiom holds true less is more. The less you give people to work with the more vivid their recollection.

Yes it is a brilliant design philosophy except for those that are agitated by low light levels. However it is no different then fog effects adopted in older games. The fog limited the need for greater drawing distance, and thus closer items could have greater detail. Both obscure to a degree technical failings.

I ascribe to the philosophy that the true judge of graphical brilliance is color diversification. Basically it is easy to make a monster look fantastic with just black and brown. What is technically difficult is to make a monster with two dozen colors, and still have it look incredibly detailed. Lost Odyssey manages to do that. I invite others to look at the monsters in Lost Odyssey those are incredibly detailed models. Further more the world is diverse it isn't just a lot of dark locations, or reused artwork.

I would also say Galaxy doesn't deserve to be on the list period. The Wii is not about graphical excellence. That is the consoles cross to bare, and Mario games have never pushed a graphical envelope it is hard to judge a cartoon style game graphically.

For me Bioshock has to be number one on the list. Basically while the world is dark unlike Gears of War it managed to have a deeper pallet, and greater minute detail within the world. Thus it deserves credit for having the gall to actually play with colors, and diverse lighting.

As for GT5 ,,It does look really detailed but let's rank the games that are out now and we have played ,,not future releases.

Dodece said:
I would argue that Gears of War doesn't deserve a place at the top of the list. Basically it effectively used some simple design philosophies to appear more spectacular then it actually was. Dark environments, and gray, black, and brown color schemes will always make an environment seem more details. The old axiom holds true less is more. The less you give people to work with the more vivid their recollection.

Yes it is a brilliant design philosophy except for those that are agitated by low light levels. However it is no different then fog effects adopted in older games. The fog limited the need for greater drawing distance, and thus closer items could have greater detail. Both obscure to a degree technical failings.

I ascribe to the philosophy that the true judge of graphical brilliance is color diversification. Basically it is easy to make a monster look fantastic with just black and brown. What is technically difficult is to make a monster with two dozen colors, and still have it look incredibly detailed. Lost Odyssey manages to do that. I invite others to look at the monsters in Lost Odyssey those are incredibly detailed models. Further more the world is diverse it isn't just a lot of dark locations, or reused artwork.

I would also say Galaxy doesn't deserve to be on the list period. The Wii is not about graphical excellence. That is the consoles cross to bare, and Mario games have never pushed a graphical envelope it is hard to judge a cartoon style game graphically.

For me Bioshock has to be number one on the list. Basically while the world is dark unlike Gears of War it managed to have a deeper pallet, and greater minute detail within the world. Thus it deserves credit for having the gall to actually play with colors, and diverse lighting.

Completely agree with you, especially with what I highlighted.

Ninjabread Man...Oops wrong thread...

1.GT5 (I agree with Leo-j)
2-9 (I don't know)
10-11 (SMG and MP3)

selnor said:
leo-j said:
selnor said:
Every shot from GT and Motorstorm were replays.

INGAME ONLY!

THE REPLAYS HAVE HIGHER RES AND EXTRA DETAIL. Sony Fanboy cheats.

That motorstorm was not a replay, it was racing in game and presssing select therefore using a different camera angle.

Dude just admit it, GT5 does look that good. The pics of GT5 under the comment stating the first two were replays are in game in different camera angles.

Um I played Gt 5 Prolgue in London on Demo pods at Sony ad day. It's not that impressive ingam. LOL.

You cant admit GT5 looks that good, EVERY SINGLE THING ON THE FUCKING GAME IS IN GAME, ITS ALL RUNNING ON THE IN GAME ENGINE, and I also played GT5 P demo from japans store.

mM