By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Gaming Discussion - Top 10 Games With the Best "next gen" Graphics

So are we talking Graphics or aesthetics?

Because I know from a technical stand point Gears was the best on 360 thus far.

"Back off, man. I'm a scientist."

Your theories are the worst kind of popular tripe, your methods are sloppy, and your conclusions are highly questionable! You are a poor scientist. Especially if you think the moon landing was faked.

ioi + 1
Around the Network
kenzomatic said:

So are we talking Graphics or aesthetics?

Because I know from a technical stand point Gears was the best on 360 thus far.

Yes we know that.

mM

1. Lost Odyessey

2. Mass Effect

3. Bioshock

4.Gears Of War

5. Call Of Duty 4

6. Assasins Creed

7. Heavonly Sword

8.  Halo 3

9. Ace Combat 6

10. Fifa 08

Here are the Pics:(These Pictures are IN GAME ONLY,not from cut scenes)

1.uncharted

2.Call of duty 4:

3.Bioshock

4.gears of war

5.Mass effect

6.assasin's creed:

7.Halo 3:

8.Heavenly Sword:

9.Devil may cry 4:

10.Ratchet

Every shot from GT and Motorstorm were replays.

INGAME ONLY!

THE REPLAYS HAVE HIGHER RES AND EXTRA DETAIL. Sony Fanboy cheats.

Around the Network

Wait... no Crysis yet? That really hurts.

And while those Gran Turismo screens look good, racers have never been great in the technical point of view of graphics. What I mean is that those graphics don't need that much of effort to be achieved, different to natural environments (Uncharted/Crysis)

@ selnor

You keep saying Mass Effect, but do graphics also include texture pop-in or being lack of texture at all, or an elevator ride every five steps?

selnor said:
Every shot from GT and Motorstorm were replays.

INGAME ONLY!

THE REPLAYS HAVE HIGHER RES AND EXTRA DETAIL. Sony Fanboy cheats.

That motorstorm was not a replay, it was racing in game and presssing select therefore using a different camera angle.

Dude just admit it, GT5 does look that good. The pics of GT5 under the comment stating the first two were replays are in game in different camera angles.

mM

why aren't my links working here?

selnor said:
Everyone spouting cutscenes at me? You dont play cutscenes. All the ones you mention are FMV.

And yes I've seen Uncharted at my mates. Not played though(Dont own PS3)
Heavonly Sword Impressed me though.

Uncharted has no cutscene graphics, the entire game is done with the in-game engine. Part of Uncharted were not that great, but parts of uncharted were the best graphics I have ever seen. Taking the Jet-Ski up the river was just amazing. That mission was the best visuals ever seen in any game imo. (Crysis included)

overall however, I would put it in the top 5. Along with R&C, Mass Effect, CoD4, and Bioshock.

I would not order them, as they are all great. If I had to pick, I would probably pick CoD4, as it was always consistently great visually.