By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Sales Discussion - Media Create Sales: Week 11, 2015 (Mar 09 - Mar 15)

Aura7541 said:
PS4 is holding very well and the next Media Create will have FF Type-0 in the fray. PSV is doing good, too, holding above 20K. I was hoping Yakuza-0 would do better and Digimon had a nice first week. Considering the retail version was supply constrained, I bet that there were a lot of digital sales.

Me too, though it's still a pretty solid launch. Assuming it has similar legs to Ishin, it should settle around 450k (not including digital), which would put it within a respectable distance of the 'proper' mainline entries.

I really hope they localize Yakuza 0 eventually... The PS4 version looks suprisingly polished (especially for a title that supposedly runs at 1080p/60fps

Around the Network

man, wii U is dead.
japan likes mario party, and it didnt move wii U hardware...

Bofferbrauer said:
kopstudent89 said:
Mario Party flopped there

Was to be expected, as it didn't even show up on COMG!

On the other hand, for a game that didn't show up on COMG!, the sales are still pretty decent.

Yeah I know but still not a game that you'd expect to be preordered so I expected a bit more. 

Very good numbers PS4 , and some thought WiiU would win in japan

And this is just a multiplatform game, thé effect of thé same game as an exclusive would be great , 2016 will be really big

Predictions for end of 2014 HW sales:

PS4: 17m   XB1: 10m    WiiU: 10m   Vita: 10m

Where are Famitsu numbers?

Around the Network

PS4 doing well but it would do even better if developers dropped the PS3 cross-platform.

Question: What will be bigger lifetime in Japan -> PSV or PS4?

OttoniBastos said:

Type-0,Battlefield hardline and RE Revelations release next week

So, another 40k in the PS4 pocket. Then Bloodborne, maybe another 50k in the pocket ?  

Very strong numbers I would say.   

”Every great dream begins with a dreamer. Always remember, you have within you the strength, the patience, and the passion to reach for the stars to change the world.”

Harriet Tubman.

Nate4Drake said:
OttoniBastos said:

Type-0,Battlefield hardline and RE Revelations release next week

So, another 40k in the PS4 pocket. Then Bloodborne, maybe another 50k in the pocket ?  

Very strong numbers I would say.   

I was expecting 40-50k this week since yakuza 0 was launching. :s

I think 40k next week is doable since Type-0 and Hardline are next gen exclusives and xbox is DOA in japan.

Yakuza clearly faces series fatigue. On the other hand, strong start and big shortages are an excellent result for Digimon Vita. It starts much better than the 3DS Digimon, showing once more where gamers are.

PS4 > 3DS cool too, and the peak is for next week!