By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Sales Discussion - Media Create Sales: Week 11, 2015 (Mar 09 - Mar 15)

Ka-pi96 said:
teigaga said:

Have you been paying attention to the Japanese market?

People's expectations have adjusted to the market. Its in huge decline, people were unsure if the PS4 even has the potential to sell well given the Wii U's failures and a weak 2014 launch. For it to be pushing 34k without any major reason for anyone to buy it paints a positive picture. If Final Fantasy XV, Kingdom Hearts or GT7 had just been released I'd understand your pessimism, but the PS4 really has no reason to be selling this well given it currently has ZERO exclusives Japan actually care about.

That's not true, it has Knack!

LOOOL, my bad I forgot about that mega seller sitting pretty at 400k+. I actually wonder what that team is working on now ^_^

Around the Network

Digimon went way below my expectations, thought that since it had some stock issues, Bamco should've had high previsions given how gorgeous it looks.
Nice PS4 sales. Next two weeks are littered with PS releases.

Mario Party flopped there

Great holds all round, hope PS4 can keep this up

hoggin' all the action, I see...

PLAYDOMINISTATION FOUR

Around the Network
Ka-pi96 said:
ktay95 said:
Yes Mario Party 10 did open lower than a PSP game.
Seriously though who was actually expecting this O_O
04./00. [PSP] Uta no Prince-Sama: All Star After Secret # (Broccoli) {2015.03.12} (¥6.264) - 67.237 / NEW

I'm still shocked that there is a game made by Broccoli.

Galaxy angels 3 when?

Expected more from PS4 cause Yakuza,but still,nice hold.

kopstudent89 said:
Mario Party flopped there

Was to be expected, as it didn't even show up on COMG!

On the other hand, for a game that didn't show up on COMG!, the sales are still pretty decent.

StuOhQ said:
If the Wii U could somehow hold down over 10k, it would maintain its lead in Japan. It seems like nothing will push the system into those kinds of steady sales, though.

No it wouldn't.

PS4 outsold 3DS this week! On Media Create! Awesome!!

And considering the stock problems, pretty good opening of Digimon.

PS4 is holding very well and the next Media Create will have FF Type-0 in the fray. PSV is doing good, too, holding above 20K. I was hoping Yakuza-0 would do better and Digimon had a nice first week. Considering the retail version was supply constrained, I bet that there were a lot of digital sales.