By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Nintendo Discussion - Nintendo and mobile company DeNA form alliance, will make apps featuring Nintendo IP

All I can say: HAHAHAHAHA I TOLD ALL OF YOU!!!

Around the Network

-_- I'm so done with gaming now. So done with gaming.

Follow my Gaming and Graphics Business on facebook and on Twitter:

https://www.facebook.com/profile.php?id=101878997952596&ref=br_rs

https://twitter.com/KellyGGWD

:)

Face the future.. Gamecenter ID: nikkom_nl (oh no he didn't!!) 

I was mad at first, but I'm not mad anymore. This is Nintendo branching out into a vast market that they need to tap into. They won't get the hardcore Sony/Xbox fans and they haven't been able to since the PS1/Xbox. Its a smart move by Nintendo to do this because it keeps the Nintendo name alive in a way that isn't just about consoles.

This could either be really good or really shit. We'll see.

Around the Network
curl-6 said:
Wow, Nintendo is really keen to devalue their IPs into oblivion this gen, huh?

Could not agree more. Going mobile, even if the 'apps' will be new games, will diminish interest in Nintendo's future handhelds.

Wonderful news.

"Angry Birdos" here I come!

Can't wait for the next Pokemon though. That game doesn't even need buttons. It can already be played with just touch controls.

iPhone = Great gaming device. Don't agree? Who cares, because you're wrong.

Currently playing:

Final Fantasy VI (iOS), Final Fantasy: Record Keeper (iOS) & Dragon Quest V (iOS)     

Got a retro room? Post it here!

Still can't believe they didn't went for a full blown home console RPG "The Pokémon Adventure" with amiibo support before turning to mobile for profits.

Looking forward to see this Nintendo NX platform though. I hope they cross release Zelda U, XCX and Splatoon on both Wii U and NX. Those games have huge potential and more people should play them.

Guitarguy said:
curl-6 said:
Wow, Nintendo is really keen to devalue their IPs into oblivion this gen, huh?

Could not agree more. Going mobile, even if the 'apps' will be new games, will diminish interest in Nintendo's future handhelds.

I dunno. If Nintendo makes the next Flappy Bird, or Angry Birds, or Candy Crush and get all those people to buy into a Nintendo Handheld to play the sequel then it could be huge. The gameboy exploded because of Tetris.

bunchanumbers said:
Guitarguy said:

I dunno. If Nintendo makes the next Flappy Bird, or Angry Birds, or Candy Crush and get all those people to buy into a Nintendo Handheld to play the sequel then it could be huge. The gameboy exploded because of Tetris.

Hmm that is a bit of a stretch. For one, all those games were free-to-play(with the option to pay for more lives etc) so in the remote event that Nintendo did make a game as successful as those, it would be very difficult to convert those players from a free-to-play game to having to sell out several hundred dollars for a dedicated handheld gaming console for a sequel. Just my opinion.