By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Nintendo Discussion - Nintendo and mobile company DeNA form alliance, will make apps featuring Nintendo IP

wow
this is the future Nintendo X
i hope 2 years away
i want to enjpoy wii u and 3ds a bit longer!

Switch!!!

Around the Network
fedfed said:
wow
i hope 2 years away

So enjoy them. 

No one is putting a gun to your head and forcing you to buy a Nintendo NX (whatever it turns out to be) the day it comes out. Given recent product launches odds are you're better off waiting 12-14 months after launch before buying a new platform anyway. 

Hm, I don't know what to think about this...

DeNA developing games with Nintendo IPs would bring them lots of money.
But that wouldn't affect me, I just don't want Nintendo to use their flagship teams to make mobile games. But Nintendo should supervise the mobile games and maybe use some teams like EAD 5.

Well look, games like Mario Vs Donkey Kong would thrive on a mobile environment, which in turn will make them profitable again and then they can turn that profit into making better titles for their dedicated consoles. I think you are mainly going to see puzzle and strategy games of their big IPs hit mobile, not full fledged adventure titles like Ocarina of Time style. Stuff like Link's Crossbow training, Pokemon Shuffle, Tomodachi Life, Mario Puzzles and Dragons... little money making mini games that are suited to mobile. So don't expect Smash Bros, Metroid or the next Legend of Zelda appearing on it.

It's like how EA and Ubisoft have companion games or watered down versions of their big titles on mobile.

NNID: TanukiTrooper - PSN: MatrosRx - STEAM: TanukiTrooper

Darwinianevolution said:

Samsung would have loved making a mobile for Nintendo. An Android mobile with Nintendo games exclusive from other mobiles (but accessible to other Nintendo Systems) would sell really well. Maybe similar numbers than the 3DS.

3DS numbers would be a disaster for a Samsung smartphone.

What I really don´t understand here are the people arguing that Nintendo can´t possibly make a galaxy 3 or SM3dW on smartphones for "gamers" cause of the lack of buttons. Well how bout using one of these:

Or any of these ...

Yup...RO friggin rocked  
Around the Network
Soundwave said:
fedfed said:
wow
i hope 2 years away

So enjoy them. 

No one is putting a gun to your head and forcing you to buy a Nintendo NX (whatever it turns out to be) the day it comes out. Given recent product launches odds are you're better off waiting 12-14 months after launch before buying a new platform anyway. 

Dont tell him what to do.. your not the boss of him!..

unless you are.. then yeh go a head.

itsFizz said:
Darwinianevolution said:

Samsung would have loved making a mobile for Nintendo. An Android mobile with Nintendo games exclusive from other mobiles (but accessible to other Nintendo Systems) would sell really well. Maybe similar numbers than the 3DS.

3DS numbers would be a disaster for a Samsung smartphone.

What I really don´t understand here are the people arguing that Nintendo can´t possibly make a galaxy 3 or SM3dW on smartphones for "gamers" cause of the lack of buttons. Well how bout using one of these:

Or any of these ...

Samsung makes a lot of phone models, I'm sure it would bring easy just modifying one of them into a Nintendo Phone (a bit more specs, local gameplay, combining both Google Store and a Nintendo Store...).

You know it deserves the GOTY.

Come join The 2018 Obscure Game Monthly Review Thread.

You guys went all crazy over nothing and it was hilarious.

If creating small games like Pokemon Angry Birds ruins Nintendo in your eyes then that's just funny as hell.

dun dun , i hope it will bring a good product on the future (hardware, software etc), and it's time Nintendo going smart with all their money

MatrosRx said:
Well look, games like Mario Vs Donkey Kong would thrive on a mobile environment, which in turn will make them profitable again and then they can turn that profit into making better titles for their dedicated consoles. I think you are mainly going to see puzzle and strategy games of their big IPs hit mobile, not full fledged adventure titles like Ocarina of Time style. Stuff like Link's Crossbow training, Pokemon Shuffle, Tomodachi Life, Mario Puzzles and Dragons... little money making mini games that are suited to mobile. So don't expect Smash Bros, Metroid or the next Legend of Zelda appearing on it.

It's like how EA and Ubisoft have companion games or watered down versions of their big titles on mobile.

I can totally see a Zelda game on iOS/Android. 

It can be a lot like the DS Zelda games (touch only) and starts with maybe 1-2 dungeons and you pay to get extra dungeons/continue the quest. 

It will be a way to familiarize/reintroduce a lot of people to basic Zelda gameplay concepts too.