By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Nintendo Discussion - Nintendo and mobile company DeNA form alliance, will make apps featuring Nintendo IP

Soundwave said:
Materia-Blade said:

Sigh, wii u will always be competing with ps4. they're both dedicated gaming machines.

Walk into any EB or any retailer and try to talk a PS4 buyer out of buying one in favor of a Wii U. You will get laughed out of the store. 

They're competiors about as much as a movie like Cinderella is in direct competetion with the next Fast & Furious movie. 

The days of SNES vs. Genesis or Playstation vs. N64/GameCube ... those days are long since over now. Sony's game division head is even openly stating he's rooting for Nintendo to do well. MS' XBox twitter ran a poll during last E3 asking people what their favorite Zelda game is. LOL, the times they have changed. 

Nintendo going mobile is like the fall of the Berlin Wall. The end of the Cold War is not far off now. 

try talking a wii u buyer into buying a ps4 instead, you will be laughed out of the store. "buyers" minds are already set. the fact stands that both wii u and ps4 are dedicated gaming machines and thus, are in competition with each other. a person that wants only one gaming console will buy either wii u, x1 or ps4 = competition.

Around the Network
Materia-Blade said:
Soundwave said:

Walk into any EB or any retailer and try to talk a PS4 buyer out of buying one in favor of a Wii U. You will get laughed out of the store. 

They're competiors about as much as a movie like Cinderella is in direct competetion with the next Fast & Furious movie. 

The days of SNES vs. Genesis or Playstation vs. N64/GameCube ... those days are long since over now. Sony's game division head is even openly stating he's rooting for Nintendo to do well. MS' XBox twitter ran a poll during last E3 asking people what their favorite Zelda game is. LOL, the times they have changed. 

Nintendo going mobile is like the fall of the Berlin Wall. The end of the Cold War is not far off now. 

try talking a wii u buyer into buying a ps4 instead, you will be laughed out of the store. "buyers" minds are already set. the fact stands that both wii u and ps4 are dedicated gaming machines and thus, are in competition with each other. a person that wants only one gaming console will buy either wii u, x1 or ps4 = competition.

Poor Ouya you never get any love ...

I've seen people saying Nintendo stock went up 26% what about DeNA stock? Sounds like DeNA just made a killing in one day with this deal, did Nintendo see similar returns with their investment in this company?

Sorry I'm being too lazy to look this up myself but I'm at work and don't have the extra time at the moment.