By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Nintendo Discussion - Nintendo and mobile company DeNA form alliance, will make apps featuring Nintendo IP

Samus Aran said:
Burek said:

Impossible, there will be no microtransactions in her future. She has gotten to be very good in Fruit Ninja and Angry Birds completely for free.

Lol, millions of dollars are earned by kids paying for micro-transactions without their parents knowing (until they see the bills that is).

These games will be like Pokémon shuffle, she won't even be able to play for 15 minutes without having to pay.

Fortunately for me, I have enough sense to not attach a credit card to my phone. 

You cannot imagine how many bonus birds I would have owned by now otherwise.

Around the Network
Teeqoz said:
Best business decision they have done in many years. There's a reason their stock is up 26% on this announcement....

28%, actually

Click HERE and be happy 

noname2200 said:
Barkley said:

Ahahaha just realised something, nintendo could start pulling square enix's constantly. You know... when square tease a game everyone gets excited then it's revealed as a mobile game.

"Nintendo are teasing something HOLD ONTO YOUR BUTTS!!!"

"Oh it's angry squirtle 2."

That... would actually be pretty funny. And really depressing. But also funny?

Don't worry I'm sure Nintendo have better PR than Square Enix... It's hillarious now, it'd be morbidly hillarious if it actually started happening.

If I'm crying from sadness but laughing from amusement at the same time... am I happy or sad?

Samus Aran said:

So the majority of them. :p

Anyway have fun playing for 15 minutes until you're forced to stop unless you pay.

You think a game can hold her attention more than 15 minutes anyway? Even a better excuse not to let her play for extended periods.

Burek said:
Acevil said:

Ya, and infact it will take a bit for this partnership to take into effect. Honestly if you are missing on the 3DS because of this move, I feel bad, because well...you are missing out.

Wow, yoo many people quoted me on my statement. Since the forum decided to cut out my original post, I said I love it because my daughter when she's 3-4 will be able to play games on the phone instead of me spending €200 on a handheld and €40 per game. I personally have no interest in Nintendo games, so I'm not missing out on anything. I was planning to do the unthinkable and purchase a Nintendo handheld for her, and this today is the best news ever.

And she won't care what she plays, Nintendogs and match 3 Pokemon is fine, if it's €1.99 even better.

But you won't be getting any of those $40 handheld games, only completely different ones.

Around the Network
Teeqoz said:
Best business decision they have done in many years. There's a reason their stock is up 26% on this announcement....

The reason is shareholders thinking nintendo is going full mobile.

Materia-Blade said:
Teeqoz said:

The reason is shareholders thinking nintendo is going full mobile.

HAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHA

Materia-Blade said:
Burek said:

Wow, yoo many people quoted me on my statement. Since the forum decided to cut out my original post, I said I love it because my daughter when she's 3-4 will be able to play games on the phone instead of me spending €200 on a handheld and €40 per game. I personally have no interest in Nintendo games, so I'm not missing out on anything. I was planning to do the unthinkable and purchase a Nintendo handheld for her, and this today is the best news ever.

And she won't care what she plays, Nintendogs and match 3 Pokemon is fine, if it's €1.99 even better.

But you won't be getting any of those $40 handheld games, only completely different ones.

Again, I won't be getting any games. My daughter will be getting them, I'll be just paying for them. And she certainly at an age of 3 or 4 will not care if her Super Mario is a €1.99 game instead of a €30 game. But I do care and am pleased I will have much more money tonspend on my games for PS4.

Burek said:
Materia-Blade said:

Again, I won't be getting any games. My daughter will be getting them, I'll be just paying for them. And she certainly at an age of 3 or 4 will not care if her Super Mario is a €1.99 game instead of a €30 game. But I do care and am pleased I will have much more money tonspend on my games for PS4.

She also won't mind if it's mario or not.

Materia-Blade said:
Burek said:

She also won't mind if it's mario or not.

You are absolutely correct.