By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Nintendo Discussion - Analyst sees signs of hope for Wii U to be competitive against PS4/XOne

We should be happy if it could reach 20M.

Around the Network

That analyst is smoking crack, it has no chance.

tiffac said:
RealGamingExpert said:

Lewis Ward, an industry analyst with research firm IDC, said that a year ago he would have said that their wasn’t much of a future for the Wii U, but he now feels that the console has a fighting chance against the PlayStation 4 and Wii U. Ward says that the Wii U will never be the top selling console, but it can remain competitive.

Why would the Wii U fight itself? :O

because the Wii U's worst enemy is..... the Wii U

Tagging to reply later.

Slade6alpha said:
I respectfully disagree.

I mean if its biggest sellers have released (I know Zelda still hasn't), and it's still having these like 40K slumps, then I don't see it ever competing.

I see hope for the console in the future, not as a huge competitor, but at least respectable. Eventually people are going to get tired of annual COD's, AC's, generic action or shooter, and look for something different. They may find that(or already have), in the handheld market, or they might look to the well reviewed and recieved library the Wii U has to offer. Couple this with a price drop to $200 dollars and the console will look mighty appealing to jaded gamers looking for something new. 

“What I say is, a town isn't a town without a bookstore. It may call itself a town, but unless it's got a bookstore it knows it's not fooling a soul.”  - Neil Gaiman

Around the Network

I'll withhold judgement until a few price cuts.

Of course! With actual top AAA quality titles coming out this year, there will be definite competition - unlike other years..

vivster said:
See! It's not just Pachter!

No Patcher want Nintendo to go 3rd party for M$ and Sony to go bankrupt.

I disagree. They've already used some of their best ammo to no success. I think they should stick with handhelds next time around: a 3DS that can plug into the TV would be a goldmine.

Watch me stream games and hunt trophies on my Twitch channel!

Check out my Twitch Channel!:

www.twitch.tv/AzurenGames

97alexk said:

Guys guys, Wii U is not part of the console wars, nintendo does there own thing remember ^_^ Lets just all play games and be happy :)

This, pretty much. I haven't really seen Nintendo trying to compete with Sony/MS since maybe the GameCube; generally they seem to be interested in a unique market and in turning a profit.

Let's remember that at the end of the day profits say much more about the company than number of consoles sold.

Let's also remember that a lot can happen that we can't predict. Consoles can have massive upturns or downturns in sales well into their life cycles.

Finally, let's remember to not get too hung up on anything other than enjoying the games we love. I know this is a site founded on sales figures but harping on about them all the time gets REALLY repetitive.