By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Sales Discussion - February 2015 NPD Thread! 3DS: 395k, PS4: 342k, XBO: 276k, WiiU: 96k

Kerotan said:
MikeRox said:

It won't be that low, but 35m wouldn't surprise me as far as unique active console owners.

I agree with this.  No way is it as low as 18 million but my guess is 30-35m unique gamers.  The total software for the platform leads me to believe this too. 

based on this logic just imagine how much lower the ps3 and x360 are..

Tsubasa Ozora

Keiner kann ihn bremsen, keiner macht ihm was vor. Immer der richtige Schuss, immer zur richtigen Zeit. Superfussball, Fairer Fussball. Er ist unser Torschützenkönig und Held.

Around the Network
SpokenTruth said:
Kerotan said:

Despite all those stats the rebuy rate on handhelds is much higher than consoles.  I'm pretty sure the psp could be included aswell especially in japan. 

Agreed.  I think the higher rebuy rate is a product lower price (compared to home consoles), wider range of colors and special editions, and more redesigns on the market.  New designs bought by collectors is more common among handhelds though that's a small portion of the market.   Probably also a higher incidence of theft and broken units for handhelds over home consoles (X360 aside....).

Exactly and remember handhelds break way easier.  My family went through 7 DS's over the years between 3 kids. Parents spent a fortune lol.