By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Sales Discussion - February 2015 NPD Thread! 3DS: 395k, PS4: 342k, XBO: 276k, WiiU: 96k

Kerotan said:
So we got no 360 or ps3 numbers. That's really bad. I hope they still track them. It might explain why Microsoft didn't say the xbox family in their PR.

We got numbers last month, so they're still being tracked.

Won bet with t3mporary_126 - I correctly predicted that the Wii U's LTD at the end of 2014 would be closer to 9 million than 10 million. http://gamrconnect.vgchartz.com/post.php?id=6673287

Around the Network
Welfare said:
Kerotan said:
So we got no 360 or ps3 numbers. That's really bad. I hope they still track them. It might explain why Microsoft didn't say the xbox family in their PR.

Last month doesn't prove they tracked them this month.  Is there any evidence either way? 

Kerotan said:
Welfare said:

Last month doesn't prove they tracked them this month.  Is there any evidence either way? 

He's right. He basically saying that they tracked them last month (1st month of the year) so its without a doubt here. Only thing is the numbers aren't leaked.

tbone51 said:
Kerotan said:

He's right. He basically saying that they tracked them last month (1st month of the year) so its without a doubt here. Only thing is the numbers aren't leaked.

They could have decided after last month it ain't worth their time no more.  

If I was to guess I'd say they are still tracking them but it's still possible.  

Damn, i want know the XB360 and Wii number's!!! -.-

Around the Network
Kerotan said:
Welfare said:

If NPD start a year collecting data for a product, they're going to wait for the end of the year to end collecting data. It would be unprofessional to have data for half the year tracked, but not the other half. It's why Media Create and Famitsu waited until 2015 to stop tracking 360 and Wii.

Won bet with t3mporary_126 - I correctly predicted that the Wii U's LTD at the end of 2014 would be closer to 9 million than 10 million. http://gamrconnect.vgchartz.com/post.php?id=6673287

People are stupid here, what's new?

If we can call the NEW 3DS a different machine, then we can call the Kinect-less One another NEW machine. The logic makes no fucking sense.

THey're the same bloody machine, but ones got a few tweaks in RAM, etc.

User was moderated for this post - Conegamer

“When we make some new announcement and if there is no positive initial reaction from the market, I try to think of it as a good sign because that can be interpreted as people reacting to something groundbreaking. ...if the employees were always minding themselves to do whatever the market is requiring at any moment, and if they were always focusing on something we can sell right now for the short term, it would be very limiting. We are trying to think outside the box.” - Satoru Iwata - This is why corporate multinationals will never truly understand, or risk doing, what Nintendo does.

megaman79 said:

If we can call the NEW 3DS a different machine, then we can call the Kinect-less One another NEW machine. The logic makes no fucking sense.

Yeah, until the new 3ds gets many many games that can't be played on a normal 3ds it's the same thing.

I don't understand the people saying it's a new machine, it doesn't have it's own games library. Since when did you launch a new console with no games just backwards compatiblity?

New 3ds is a 3ds.

Barkley said:
megaman79 said:

Yeah, until the new 3ds gets many many games that can't be played on a normal 3ds it's the same thing.

I don't understand the people saying it's a new machine, it doesn't have it's own games library. Since when did you launch a new console with no games just backwards compatiblity?

New 3ds is a 3ds.

I don't know what the problem is. New, old.... doesn't matter cause even nintendo refers to them as th 3ds family. ps4 still the highest selling console, outside the 3ds family 

Kerotan said:
tbone51 said:

They could have decided after last month it ain't worth their time no more.  

If I was to guess I'd say they are still tracking them but it's still possible.  

the npd group NEVER stops tracking anything

they still track the ps2, the psp, the ds, the wii, etc.

it just never gets leaked.

i find it really interesting how creamsugar leaked ps4 / xbo / wii u / vita, but didn't leak ps3 / 360 at all. is this the sign of the future for npd threads? will we just get four systems instead of the whole spectrum from now on?

why did he leak ps4 / xbo / wii u / vita / wii / ps3 / 360 last month, but only four systems this month? maybe he's scared of leaking too much stuff because of the npd crackdown on aquamarine?

i hope he won't start sharing even less in the future, but it's definitely possible at this point.