By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Gaming Discussion - Do you think Splatoon can pull in CoD players/shooter fanatics?(to try the game)

What do you think?

Yes 51 21.52%

No 186 78.48%

Total:237

No, definitely not. And even if for some reason it does, they still won't be able to play it since most of them most likely don't have a Wii-U and I doubt they'd buy one just for this one game.

Around the Network

No.

If Nintendo wants to appeal to that crowd but do so in a more "lighthearted" way then something like Left 4 Dead would be the way to go.

I see no reason at all why Splatoon should appeal to Call of Duty fans; the games are miles apart and their fans will probably be as well.

Goodnightmoon said:
Yes, there are open minded CoD players outside that will love to play a fresh and original shooter like this. But they probably don´t have a WiiU.

Yes, that is nice to see, and I'm proud to say I am one of those .

Nintendo Switch FC: SW-6340-7643-4233 aka Renji

Steam: Lee Roid

COD is like an incurable addition. Glad I got out before it was too late. Short answer no, but shooter fans on the Wii U probably.

Around the Network

I play COD and I'm buying it day one.
But then again, I only buy them for the campaign and only play them with Wiimote + Nunchuk, so I think it's fair to say I am not a typical example of the fanbase. ;)

CoD players that are just looking for the next good shooter then yeah maybe especially if they have a Wii u or friends/family that have one. Now the people that only play CoD and maybe 1 or 2 other series never. They wouldn't even try splatoon if it was on their console

No.

curl-6 said:
I play COD and I'm buying it day one.
But then again, I only buy them for the campaign and only play them with Wiimote + Nunchuk, so I think it's fair to say I am not a typical example of the fanbase. ;)

Understandable :D.

Nintendo Switch FC: SW-6340-7643-4233 aka Renji

Steam: Lee Roid

Skullwaker said:
thedawghousev2 said:
nintendo should market this better, i don't think anyone other than hardcore games in forums and maybe youtube know about this game's existence.

To be fair, that's the case with most games. Only super hyped games like Watch Dogs or Destiny are marketed/talked about outside of forums for months (sometimes years) before release. As long as they put out good commercials, display it at retailers, provide demos and maybe special deals, it should be fine. It seems like it's getting a pretty big push though, considering they're (probably) making a new line of amiibo specifically for it and they always have it available to play at gaming conventions.

This is one of the games this year that I really want to see succeed. I want developers to look at Splatoon and think "Hm, instead of making CoD Clone #458, we can try out something different like that one squid game." Not to say that realistic shooters don't have their place in the industry, but there needs to be more diversity than what we have at the moment.

how much COD clones are there really? Outside of Battlefiled alot of FPSs arent really tryiing to be COD nowadays, almost forgot Titanfall but even that has mechs.