By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Gaming Discussion - Do you think Splatoon can pull in CoD players/shooter fanatics?(to try the game)

What do you think?

Yes 51 21.52%

No 186 78.48%

Total:237
o_O.Q said:
or perhaps the game itself isn't that interesting? could that not be a valid reason also?

could it not be that the game mechanics appear to involve no actual strategy at all? that all the game involves is just spraying paint everywhere to cover surfaces?

might that not be reason enough to deter someone from bothering with the game? food for thought

I didn't say it was an absolute for every single person. Of course there are open minded people that are simply just not interested.

Also, no strategy? I'm going to just assume you haven't seen any coverage of this game since E3. You probably didn't even watch that trailer.

Official Tokyo Mirage Sessions #FE Thread

Around the Network
DexInDaJungle said:
oniyide said:
Skullwaker said:

To be fair, that's the case with most games. Only super hyped games like Watch Dogs or Destiny are marketed/talked about outside of forums for months (sometimes years) before release. As long as they put out good commercials, display it at retailers, provide demos and maybe special deals, it should be fine. It seems like it's getting a pretty big push though, considering they're (probably) making a new line of amiibo specifically for it and they always have it available to play at gaming conventions.

This is one of the games this year that I really want to see succeed. I want developers to look at Splatoon and think "Hm, instead of making CoD Clone #458, we can try out something different like that one squid game." Not to say that realistic shooters don't have their place in the industry, but there needs to be more diversity than what we have at the moment.

how much COD clones are there really? Outside of Battlefiled alot of FPSs arent really tryiing to be COD nowadays, almost forgot Titanfall but even that has mechs.

Even Battlefield isn't exactly a clone, especially with Hardline. I think a lot of people look at military shooters and just assume they all play the same way.

There are a lot of shooters flooding the industry because of the potential competitive scene it can bring out. It's the reason people play Call of Duty and why games like Dota & League of Legends are so damn popular.

people be ignorant. COD plays differently than Battlefield which plays differently than BIoshock, which plays differently than Killzone, and so on.

Sunstrider said:
oniyide said:
OT of course not. Hell those COD players are barely picking up any other shooters on the systems they HAVE they are not going to get a Wii U for this. And before anyone says "but COD players also might have a WIi U" maybe but lets look at COD Wii U numbers dont support that.

True, but the point of the thread is if the game can pull in the players(as in would love to play or atleast try it), it's not talking about buying the console for one game, heck if that's the case I should have put this in the sales discussion.

BUt how else WOULD they play it? Im not getting your meaning wouldnt they need to console to play it? ANd since COD isnt appearing on the system anymore the likely hood that those players would even have access to Wii U and yes i am talking about their friends as well who they most likely play COD wouldnt have one either. Hell just looking at the number of Wii Us in the wild vs. the other systems I say the number isnt big.

I'm sure most of them will instantly dismiss it because it is cartoony.

I love shooters and I'm definitely getting this game. But I guess I'm unique because I love a lot of genres

Ltd predictions by the time 9th Gen comes out

Ps4:110million

Xbox one :75 million( was 65) 

Wii u: 20 milliion

Around the Network
Skullwaker said:
o_O.Q said:
or perhaps the game itself isn't that interesting? could that not be a valid reason also?

could it not be that the game mechanics appear to involve no actual strategy at all? that all the game involves is just spraying paint everywhere to cover surfaces?

might that not be reason enough to deter someone from bothering with the game? food for thought

I didn't say it was an absolute for every single person. Of course there are open minded people that are simply just not interested.

Also, no strategy? I'm going to just assume you haven't seen any coverage of this game since E3. You probably didn't even watch that trailer.

let me ask you though

what about nintendo fans that claim that sony and microsoft generally only produce brown and grey shooters?

do they have a problem with their masculinity too or is it only an issue in the other direction?

o_O.Q said:
let me ask you though

what about nintendo fans that claim that sony and microsoft generally only produce brown and grey shooters?

do they have a problem with their masculinity too or is it only an issue in the other direction?

I wouldn't say that's an issue with masculinity, but rather an issue of ignorance.

Official Tokyo Mirage Sessions #FE Thread

Here are some options, a.) those with wii u's can try it, b.) friends or families with wii u's, c.) pax east if you're near there or other gaming conventions, maybe at a gamestop if they ever let you play it there, and for some cases like mine, there are shops that lets you play their console for a fee.

Nintendo Switch FC: SW-6340-7643-4233 aka Renji

Steam: Lee Roid

oniyide said:

BUt how else WOULD they play it? Im not getting your meaning wouldnt they need to console to play it? ANd since COD isnt appearing on the system anymore the likely hood that those players would even have access to Wii U and yes i am talking about their friends as well who they most likely play COD wouldnt have one either. Hell just looking at the number of Wii Us in the wild vs. the other systems I say the number isnt big.

Forgot to quote you, look at the post above this.

Nintendo Switch FC: SW-6340-7643-4233 aka Renji

Steam: Lee Roid

Probably not. It will likely forge its own fanbase like Smash Bros did