By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Nintendo Discussion - So kirby flopped...

Yeah, there seems to be little interest in the game. Personally, I was planning on getting the game at launch, but decided not to when it was announced that Majora's Mask 3D was releasing two weeks earlier. So, I knew I probably wouldn't have the time for Kirby anyways. Who knows, maybe this was also a reason for some people.

Around the Network

I remembering arguing about this a month back, it looks like a $20 digital game, isn't traditional Kirby gameplay and will sell like dust at retail.

Well seems I wasn't wrong. Japanese sales were better then I expected though. Digital sales as a whole could be another picture.

It doesn't look that good, but I don't think people expected it to do much. Even then, we should probably wait for NPD to validate the numbers.

In all fairness Canvas Curse only sold 720K lifetime according to here and that was on the DS's install base.
While 26K is pretty damn low it seems to match up to me.

Like Triple Deluxe Flopping? Week 1 in US was 35k-40k yet it sold extremely well. Wait intill end of year for sales. :)

This game is also a budget release title, it'll sell more than 300k lifetime, that should be good enough.

Around the Network
teigaga said:

I remembering arguing about this a month back, it looks like a $20 digital game, isn't traditional Kirby gameplay and will sell like dust at retail.

Well seems I wasn't wrong. Japanese sales were better then I expected though. Digital sales as a whole could be another picture.

I wouldnt call it right yet, even Triple Deluxe outside of Japan sold extremely low in the beginning^

So, now the VGChartz number are confirmed...ok.

They should have made a real Kirby game first before releasing a spin-off title.

Ryng_Tolu said:
So, now the VGChartz number are confirmed...ok.

Do you expect dramatically better numbers?

$40.