By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Nintendo Discussion - So kirby flopped...

tbone51 said:
Like Triple Deluxe Flopping? Week 1 in US was 35k-40k yet it sold extremely well. Wait intill end of year for sales. :)

This game is also a budget release title, it'll sell more than 300k lifetime, that should be good enough.

THIS

Around the Network

Kirby is in no way a series that gets high openings, it's all about legs. Watch it get all the way to three-quarters of a million, if not a full million, over the course of the rest of the generation. Remember Yoshi's New Island? Million seller now.

S.Peelman said:
Kirby is in no way a series that gets high openings, it's all about legs. Watch it get all the way to three-quarters of a million, if not a full million, over the course of the rest of the generation. Remember Yoshi's New Island? Million seller now.

Yeap^ But i dont think Kirby will hit 1mil, im still doubtful of 500k tbh, though ithink 300k+ would be really good. Kirby Canvas curse only sold 720k andthat was on DS!

I've told it before but Kirby needs a long break and come back as a 3D platformer.

I think its because this shouldve been on a handheld and kirby shouldve gotten an actual traditional kirby game in the vein of yarn yoshi. I think it wouldve sold better then

NND: 0047-7271-7918 | XBL: Nights illusion | PSN: GameNChick

Around the Network
Samus Aran said:
I've told it before but Kirby needs a long break and come back as a 3D platformer.

They definitely need to do something with Kirby...

Nintendo is committed to the IP, but relative to many other Nintendo properties, it doesn't sell particularly well...

Attempts to change things up don't seem to be bringing in new fans...

I think a 3D platformer could definitely bring new life to the series...

Have a nice day...

Samus Aran said:

Triple deluxe and previous games disagree^

That said i agree, we need a 3D Platformer! 

I saw little interest for this game from day 1, even from hardcore Nintendo fans. numbers arent surprising. IMHO they need to drop this yarn thing and go back to basics

I was never into the Kirby franchise. I don't think I ever bought a Kirby game. Just like how there are different people, there are different nintendo fans.

oniyide said:
I saw little interest for this game from day 1, even from hardcore Nintendo fans. numbers arent surprising. IMHO they need to drop this yarn thing and go back to basics

Yarn? This isnt Yarn but Clay. Also Yoshi is Yarn, i see no problems there! (also Yarn Sellls!)

Basics? They went back to the basics already.... (after Kirby Epic Yarn) Twice, excluding A spin off (Mass Attack) and an anniversary game (Kirby Dream Collection)