By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Nintendo Discussion - So kirby flopped...

Not interested. At all.

Any message from Faxanadu is written in good faith but shall neither be binding nor construed as constituting a commitment by Faxanadu except where provided for in a written agreement signed by an authorized representative of Faxanadu. This message is intended for the use of the forum members only.

The views expressed here may be personal and/or offensive and are not necessarily the views of Faxanadu.

Around the Network

Wii U userbase is kinda weird to be honest.

Not only do I think it's hardcore Nintendo fans .... it's more like just the core Mario/Mario Kart/Zelda loving fans ... other Nintendo IP like even DKC and Kirby that aren't exactly niche are having trouble selling too.

I'm getting the feeling a big chunk of the Wii U userbase bought the system strictly to play like a handful of the top tier Nintendo IP -- Mario 2D/3D, Mario Kart, Zelda stuff, Smash ... and that's it.

The online community makes a large fuss about games like Bayonetta 2 and Captain Toad and what not, but the truth is they're a pretty small drop in the bucket of the actual marketplace. NeoGaf is like the largest online gaming community and that's like what? 130,000 accounts (probably several alts/duplicates there) and I'd say 30-40% of that posts almost exclusively in the OT forum. 

teigaga said:
tbone51 said:

I wouldnt call it right yet, even Triple Deluxe outside of Japan sold extremely low in the beginning^

My prediction initially was 200k in sales. I'm sure it'll pass it this year, but not by much.

200k WW? Its going to beat that. Its sold close to 70k in japan, so shipments are about 80k-85k when including digital. It'll pass the halfway mark with west release and probably end up about 150k+ when it drops in Europe then its holiday where this game will get a nice bump. 200k is imo right now guaranteed. Should hit between 300k-400k WW in shipments/sold.

Whoever expected this game to sell decently should look at the console it was released for.

Bet with bluedawgs: I say Switch will outsell PS4 in 2018, he says PS4 will outsell Switch. He's now permabanned, but the bet will remain in my sig.

NNID: Slarvax - Steam: Slarvax - Friend Code:  SW 7885-0552-5988

I think we'd have to wait at least a few months to see if it has any legs, and i imagine it will probably sell decently in the EU for the game it is, plus adding in its indie-like budget and i think they will make a small profit in the end, plus another good game in the Wii U's library.

NNID: b00moscone

Switch ID: SW-5475-6755-1986

3DS friend-Code: 4613-6380-5406

PSN: b00mosconi

Around the Network

i'm not sure what a flop is supposed to be, but i'm pretty sure kirby is going to sell at least one million units in due time.

tbone51 said:
teigaga said:

My prediction initially was 200k in sales. I'm sure it'll pass it this year, but not by much.

200k WW? Its going to beat that. Its sold close to 70k in japan, so shipments are about 80k-85k when including digital. It'll pass the halfway mark with west release and probably end up about 150k+ when it drops in Europe then its holiday where this game will get a nice bump. 200k is imo right now guaranteed. Should hit between 300k-400k WW in shipments/sold.

I Know, 300-400 LT imo ;)

Ryng_Tolu said:
So, now the VGChartz number are confirmed...ok.

With gaf leaks gone chartz is now gospel! 

A 3D platformer for Kirby would sell a lot more.

[Switch Friend code: 3909-3991-4970]

[Xbox Live: JissuWolfe]

[PSN: Jissu]

teigaga said:
tbone51 said:

I Know, 300-400 LT imo ;)

Cool, all im saying is people see low numbers, the word flop/bomb comes around toooo quickly. People need to look at the entire situation before using such statements.

Why are people thinking its a flop?  ~Low First Week #s   ~Kirby (the franchise).

But of course some people dont see the entire picture unfortunately, there's more to it than that. 

My point being really is judgement should be reserved intill later and/or knowing all the facts. I just remember everybody back in May with Triple Deluxe calling it a Flop/Bomb, same with Tomodachi in Europe. Now look where they are