By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Nintendo Discussion - So kirby flopped...

I'm gonna wait until NPD to really try to explain these sales, but if they're true, it's not pretty. Although, games like Triple Deluxe, Wii Party U and New Super Luigi U sold similarly in their FWs in the US but ended up selling well LT. So who knows? The game seems to have legs so far and I think the budget price will be an attractive point for consumers moving forward.

Official Tokyo Mirage Sessions #FE Thread

Around the Network
tbone51 said:
Like Triple Deluxe Flopping? Week 1 in US was 35k-40k yet it sold extremely well. Wait intill end of year for sales. :)

This game is also a budget release title, it'll sell more than 300k lifetime, that should be good enough.

Budget budget, exactly... Its equvivalent to an indie release... Cant always play it SAFE all the time... If your in a competition, regardless of what kind, you want to be among the top 3. Not just safe. Thats like olympians go into a race being okay with just safe. 

I wasn't expecting Kirby to sell extremely well since this was a budgeted game...

Therefore, I don't really think this is a flop

NintenDomination [May 2015 - July 2017]

- Official  VGChartz Tutorial Thread - 

NintenDomination [2015/05/19 - 2017/07/02]

Here lies the hidden threads. 

| |

Nintendo Metascore | Official NintenDomination | VGC Tutorial Thread

| Best and Worst of Miiverse | Manga Discussion Thead |
[3DS] Winter Playtimes [Wii U]

tbone51 said:
teigaga said:

I remembering arguing about this a month back, it looks like a $20 digital game, isn't traditional Kirby gameplay and will sell like dust at retail.

Well seems I wasn't wrong. Japanese sales were better then I expected though. Digital sales as a whole could be another picture.

I wouldnt call it right yet, even Triple Deluxe outside of Japan sold extremely low in the beginning^

My prediction initially was 200k in sales. I'm sure it'll pass it this year, but not by much.

teigaga said:
Ryng_Tolu said:
So, now the VGChartz number are confirmed...ok.

Do you expect dramatically better numbers?

Though 25kish is believeable being WiiU game+Budget Release+Spin off (of the least selling of Kirby), its not bad like your thinking.

Triple Deluxe was 41k First Week in US (3DS+Main Game), Rainbow Curse is 20k+ (WiiU+Spinoff). Need to wait intill end of year before calling this game a flop.

Around the Network

I'm a die-hard Nintendo fan who generally buys all of their big first party releases but... honestly this one just didn't look good. I skipped it. I can imagine many others doing the same. 

TBH when the kirby games comes out in europe im gonna buy it. It looks alot fun and i just love the music in the game.

Panther111 said:
tbone51 said:
Like Triple Deluxe Flopping? Week 1 in US was 35k-40k yet it sold extremely well. Wait intill end of year for sales. :)

This game is also a budget release title, it'll sell more than 300k lifetime, that should be good enough.

Budget budget, exactly... Its equvivalent to an indie release... Cant always play it SAFE all the time... If your in a competition, regardless of what kind, you want to be among the top 3. Not just safe. Thats like olympians go into a race being okay with just safe. 

TD: 41k FW  vs RC 25k+ FW, calm down

teigaga said:
Ryng_Tolu said:
So, now the VGChartz number are confirmed...ok.

Do you expect dramatically better numbers?

I dunno.

But as for now this number are nothing.

I dont think nintendo wont make any profit from it and break even. It seems like an indie type game costing 40$, it will make them a lot of money even with smaller numbers because the devoloping cost are a lot lower. Good Game nintendo

Also its a game that will probably end up being rare because its a download title and probably limited print run all along