By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Gaming Discussion - PS4 vs. Xbox One: My Thoughts on Each Console and Their Games

Which do you prefer?

PS4 194 72.12%

Xbox One 75 27.88%

Total:269

Agreed with everything except upcoming exclusives. I think BB + Uncharted is a way better duo than Halo + Gears... but that's just my opinion anyway.

Bet with Teeqoz for 2 weeks of avatar and sig control that Super Mario Odyssey would ship more than 7m on its first 2 months. The game shipped 9.07m, so I won

Around the Network

Totally valid opinion, I agree with most of it aswell.

Bet with Adamblaziken:

I bet that on launch the Nintendo Switch will have no built in in-game voice chat. He bets that it will. The winner gets six months of avatar control over the other user.

I agree with mostly everything the OP said, give or take a few. Still as a gamer who owns all 3 consoles, why is the Wii U always left out?

PSN ID- RayCrocheron82

XBL Gamertag- RAFIE82

NNID- RAFIE82/ Friend Code: SW-6006-2580-8237

YouTube- Rafie Crocheron

Locknuts said:

Hi there,

As some of you may know, toward the end of last year I swapped my PS4 for an Xbox One. After making this announcement, some people in the thread showed interest in a direct comparison of the two machines. Well now I've owned both for the same period of time and felt that I could be fair in making a fairly objective comparison of the two.

I'll break it down into sections and then announce a clear winner at the end of each and an overall winner at the end. No draws.

Here goes.....

Current Exclusives

PS4

Of the exclusives available on the PS4 I have played the following:

- Infamous: Second Son/First Light

- TLOU: Remastered

- Knack

- Driveclub

Of these the only one worth my time was TLOU: Remastered and that's only worth a go if you haven't played it before on PS3. Brilliant game, very little replay value in the campaign.

Xbox One

Of the Xbox One exclusives I have played the following:

- Titanfall* 

- Dead Rising 3

- Forza 5

- Forza Horizon 2

- Halo: MCC 

- Killer Instinct

* = also on PC

Of these games I really enjoyed Titanfall, Forza Horizon 2, Killer Instinct and Halo: MCC (when it finally stopped deleting my save files and started connecting online.....grrrr). FH2 and MCC are really great games.

Winner: Xbox One

Main reason: FH2 and MCC

Upcoming Exclusives

Bias note: Clearly this is a very subjective topic in a very subjective thread. So take this one with a handful of salt and add it to the grain you ate before reading this in the first place.

PS4

Of the upcoming PS4 exclusives I am interested in the following:

- Street Fighter V*

- Bloodborne

- Uncharted 4

- WiLD

Xbox One

Of the upcoming Xbox One exclusives I am interested in the following:

- Scalebound

- Halo 5

- Gears of War

- Quantum Break

Winner: Xbox One

Main Reason: Gears + Halo. Honestly if SFV wasn't coming to PC I might consider swapping back and would probably hand this article to the PS4. Thankfully that's not the case and so the overall winner is....

Overall Winner: Xbox One

Reasons: The games. PS4 is the better machine, of that there is no doubt. It's smaller, sexier, slightly more powerful and isn't bundled with useless accessories. However I buy these machines to do one thing: play games, and the Xbox One has more than a slight edge over the PS4 in that respect. If you prefer the PS4 library: go for it. There is absolutely nothing that the Xbox One can offer you that could make it more appealing than the PS4 if not for the games.

So there you have it, my take on which console is better after around 5 months of owning each machine. Thoughts?

fixed... 

ethomaz said:

While PS4 users play games the others are waiting the next Halo or [I don't know what will release on Wii U] to play something.

Actually, as a Wii U owner, I "play games" daily. I still have a backlog to work through.

Around the Network

Very well written thread. I'd disagree with the games section as that's personal preference and the controller id personally take the touch pad and speakers over more resistance any day. Again just differing opinion.

I believe you game on the Wii U and pc too. Out of the 4 which do you prefer?

DS4 > Xbone's controller for me.

Rafie said:
I agree with mostly everything the OP said, give or take a few. Still as a gamer who owns all 3 consoles, why is the Wii U always left out?

The interest was in a comparison of the PS4 and Xbox One. Plus it wouldn't be fair. The Wii U stomps both into the ground :P

Kerotan said:
Very well written thread. I'd disagree with the games section as that's personal preference and the controller id personally take the touch pad and speakers over more resistance any day. Again just differing opinion.

I believe you game on the Wii U and pc too. Out of the 4 which do you prefer?

Probably PC, but since Mario Kart 8 and Bayonetta 2 launched I've spent an awful lot of time on my Wii U. Add Zelda and Xenoblade (Splatoon I'm not sure about) and it just might take top spot. 

The Xbox One isn't a bad machine and like I said, it has great games but the quality of both exclusives and multiplats really seems to have taken a dive since the end of the 7th gen. It really is the least played machine in my house. I will consider buying another PS4 when it gets some amazing exclusives. I really liked the machine, just not the library. When you play almost all multiplats on PC, there's very little left for you on the PS4 atm.