By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Gaming Discussion - PS4 vs. Xbox One: My Thoughts on Each Console and Their Games

Which do you prefer?

PS4 194 72.12%

Xbox One 75 27.88%

Total:269
ethomaz said:

Games is the strong point of PS4.

It is like twice or more games released every month than others platforms combined.

While PS4 users play games the others are waiting the next Halo or [I don't know what will release on Wii U] to play something.

It could change. All the PS4 would need is a handful of great games and I would absolutely flip my stance. The PS4 is the better machine, but it needs great exclusives, not just lots of games.

Around the Network

Fair enough. Xbox one currently have the best exclusives in term of AAA games but I feel ps4 will end up with the better games. Since halo franchise never grew up on me, I can live without a microsoft console. That said, I am not surprise if people choose xb1 over ps4, is a good console for gaming since it has excellent support.

I feel that PS4 is a really powerful and mindful console. I can tell that there was some serious thinking and listenting going on during the development. I am pleased with the outcome of the console and I feel that it is pulling ahead because it deserves it. It isn't biased, on most occasions, and the developers are so humble about its success. Falling in love with PS all over again.

I agree, and disagree on certain points. but hey, it's your opinion.

As for future proofing/ shelf life did you take into account of the PS4 Morpheus? These are some games that will not be offered on any other console. It is going to offer a entirely new experience to the console gamer.

Also with the release of Windows 10, the XB1 could see a overhaul in it's UI, as well as adding alot of new features cross buy/ cross play with pc gamers, and apps across the MS ecosystem. Also, it's early but will MS create the holo lens to work with the XB1. They also recently dropped their parity clause for indie games, so more titles should find it's way in the future.

I agree with your final point that both of these consoles are still too early in their life to justify a purchase. But they both are a step above last gen. (my personal feeling) I own both, and what made me choose the XB1 was because alot of my military buds played on 360, and got the XB1 when it came out. I also got a PS4 because I have friends that prefer the PS.
Hell, I just love to play video games, I don't care who makes it, and long as it's fun, and enjoyable.
I want a WiiU but I'm going to wait for Zelda, and a price drop before I jump in.
I love how all of these companies push each other. Competition is important.

I own all three consoles of this generation and honestly I'm not really impressed with either the PS4 or XB1 quite yet. However I do prefer what I've seen on XB1 compared to PS4 on the currently released games. PS4 has a pretty significant advantage in future releases in terms of quantity though.

The UI for the X1 is terrible though... Absolute garbage really, which is disappointing because the 360 had a fantastic UI. The UI just feels too clunky for better lack of term on X1 and it's really hard to navigate to find certain information that was easily accessible on the 360 UI. PS4 is has the edge with the UI, but I'm not entirely impressed with it either.

The online for each of the consoles has it's issues. I find the online experience to be worst on the PS4, however the X1 has massive issues in terms of voice chat and it's party system. It's sad how poorly the party and chat system function considering how well it worked on the 360. It's a broken mess. Connectivity issues tend to plague me a bit more on PS4. It's a toss up really because I feel both online platforms have major flaws and sadly I'm paying for both. Draw.

X1 Controller over the DS4 easily. Though I will say that the DS4 is massive improvement over the DS3. Kudos to Sony there. Surprisingly I prefer the X1 controller over the 360,

Aesthetics is an easy win for the PS4, but I feel like it's design requires more space to cool, while the X1 has better air circulation and cooling.

The overall winner at the moment : Wii U.

Current gaming platforms - Switch, PlayStation 4, Xbox One, Wii U, New 3DS, PC

Around the Network

If youre using triggers for shooting, youre doing it wrong.
RB LB is MUCH faster, and is better suited for your index fingers which are most likely your most responsive fingers. Even better when combined with symmetrical analogue sticks.

Sadly not all devs give you the option to switch.

bigjon said:
Locknuts said:

I excluded it because the experience seems largely the same. There aren't any examples that I know of where it's like an entirely better experience on the PS4 compared to the Xbox One.

I play on a 70 inch TV, resolution directly affects my experience. The 1st half of last gen the X360's noticeable advantage in the quality of multiplats was a huge selling point for it. Funny how when it is now the other way around none of this matters anymore.

None if it matters?

I don't come on the site as often as I used too and still see quite a few comparison threads. We're on the same website, right?

PS4 exclusives I have played...

Killzone Shadowfall
Knack
Infamous SS
The Last of Us Remastered
Final Fantasy XIV
Little Big Planet 3
Guilty Gear Xrd
The Order 1886

X1 exclusives I have played...

Titanfall
Sunset Overdrive
Halo MMC
D4

PS4 Exclusives I have not played...

Driveclub
Natural Doctrine (but will soon as I have it here lol)
MLB The Show 2014

X1 games not played...

Forza 5
Forza Horizon 2
Dead Rising 3
Ryse

Upcoming PS4

MLB The Show 2015
Bloodborne
Uncharted 4
Until Dawn
WiLD
No Mans Sky (timed)
Disgea 5
Dragon Quest Heros (confirmed coming to west)
Street Fighter V
Ratchet Reboot

Upcoming X1 Exclusives...

Ori and the Blind Forest
Forza 6
Fable Legends
Quantum Break
Halo 5
Gears of War (way off)
Rise of the Tomb Raider (timed)
Scalebound
Crackdown 3
Phantom Dust

For me, the PS4 has been blowing the X1 out of the water in terms of quality and quantity, but not so much that personal taste isn't a factor. Throw in best multiplat experience and the PS4 wins it by a landslide.

As for upcoming games, both have a decent line up. I would be lying if I said I wasnt looking forward to X1 exclusives. At the end of the day however we get consoles for the games, and the PS4 will edge it out here as well with more to offer and a greater variety of styles.

Just my 2 cents on the subject.

Nintendo Switch Friend Code: SW-5643-2927-1984

Animal Crossing NH Dream Address: DA-1078-9916-3261

To be honest I'm baffled why so many users are attacking your opinion.

Still, I respect your wrong opinion just as much as anyone else

I agree with most of this, PS4 is the better machine but Xbox One does have the better exclusives at the moment.