By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Gaming Discussion - PS4 vs. Xbox One: My Thoughts on Each Console and Their Games

Which do you prefer?

PS4 194 72.12%

Xbox One 75 27.88%

Total:269

Interesting. I have been slightly torn between both consoles. I was leaning towards the X1 for quite some time now, the only things I was still hesitant on were games. I was watching the Order with baited breath, but found it wasn't worth my time the more I found out about it, long before release. Initially it seemed like it would be more like bloodborne. So I'm actually interested in bloodborne now lol. Over all there seems to be ^re I'm interested in on the X1.

I gotta say though. Having an external power supply, despite how much some people don't like the loooks of them, are good to have external. The failure rates on them can be hit and miss especially if they are prone to over heating from running for longg periods of time. Plus as I said, they can run pretty hot, all the more reason to have it external. Just my thoughts on that.

Gotta figure out how to set these up lol.

Around the Network

You forgot to mention Forza 6 for the upcoming exclusives on the X1. That being said Horizon 2 will get at least a couple of month of more support there is the F&F DLC at the end of the month and there will be at least one more car pack but unfortunately its not part of the car pass. Plus there should still be the free Mazda MX-5/Miata pack. The last DLC will be more then likely will be a pack that has all the pre order cars since that was also the last DLC for the first game.

SvennoJ said:
I've always owned all 3 consoles, but this gen I haven't got really excited for any XBox exclusives yet. TBH the ps4 exclusives aren't that stellar either (except DC that turned out really well in the end) and the WiiU is mostly used by the kids to watch Netflix.
It's hard to justify buying a 3rd console just to complete the set :/ Here's hoping QB brings the innovation, and Forza 6 a complete experience. In the mean time PC (or rather my laptop) is getting most of my time, while my kids are all in to free to play games on iPad. Most we play on PS4 is 4 player splitscreen Terraria and Minecraft.

Well TBH I mostly play on PC & Wii U but I wasn't asked for a comparison of anything either than the PS4 and Xbox One..

GTAexpert said:
Locknuts said:

Current Exclusives

PS4

Of the exclusives available on the PS4 I have played the following:

- Infamous: Second Son/Dying Light

Are you sure you played Infamous: Dying Light? Lol.

lol. fixed.

method114 said:
I got a 360 just for gears but I feel at this point the game is sort of tired. Same with halo. It's been done so much already there is nothing else to do with it to make it fun.

Keep your 360. It's better than either of these consoles at this point.

Around the Network
curl-6 said:
At this point in time, neither one interests me.

Well neither is particularly good at this point in time. Xbox One has the games I like better and PS4 is the better hardware, but neither is really worthy of a purchase.

Locknuts said:
method114 said:
I got a 360 just for gears but I feel at this point the game is sort of tired. Same with halo. It's been done so much already there is nothing else to do with it to make it fun.

Actually did something even better. Got rid of my 360 and PS4 and built a gaming machine. I'm going back and play a bunch of games that I missed from last gen but with great graphics some of these games that were on 360 look better then PS4 games it's crazy. Right now I'm about to finish up the witcher 2 and then I'm going either Arkham city  or xcom haven't decided yet. Me and my GF broke up so I'll have plenty of time to do either.

Games is the strong point of PS4.

It is like twice or more games released every month than others platforms combined.

While PS4 users play games the others are waiting the next Halo or [I don't know what will release on Wii U] to play something.

Some people really getting worked up about someones opinion lol. He is entitled to it and isn't right or wrong. There isn't a console that's factually better, it comes down to what you like

method114 said:
Locknuts said:

Actually did something even better. Got rid of my 360 and PS4 and built a gaming machine. I'm going back and play a bunch of games that I missed from last gen but with great graphics some of these games that were on 360 look better then PS4 games it's crazy. Right now I'm about to finish up the witcher 2 and then I'm going either Arkham city  or xcom haven't decided yet. Me and my GF broke up so I'll have plenty of time to do either.

That's a very smart move.