By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Movies & TV - would you pay $3,500 for a years worth of movies?

I agree.

Pro-tip, masturbation is free. No point wasting money on woman, be a prostitute or a wife.

No point dining on fancy restaurants, when you can buy a hotpocket for 2 dollars and waste some cents heating on microwave.

Around the Network

I don't go to movies. I just buy the Bluray when it's out. I'm no where near paying $3,500 a year for that. I don't get everything that comes out.

SvennoJ said:
I did spend almost $1400 on blu-rays last year, average $18.30 per movie.

In the peak year of my DVD-craze (2005) I bought almost 300 DVDs, €10 - €20 apiece ;)

This is why fewer and fewer people are going to the movies. Too expensive and watching at home is better.

kitler53 said:

no, am i right?!?

this weekend my stupid wife was all like, "let's go see the sponge bob movie with the kid" and i was all like, "bitch please,.. the movie cost $17 per adult and $14 for the kid and the movie is only a hour twenty three minutes long.  you crazy?!".  let's do the math:  17+17+14 is $48 to go to the movie which comes out to $34.70 an hour for me to spend time with my family and like i ever get to see the movie again.  fucking ridiculous, am i right?  and it's not a one time thing, she wants to go out like every fucking weekend.  i'll bet we see like 100 hours of movies a year in the theater.  i'm not paying netflix a whooping $9 bucks a month for nothing.   i tell her,. any family activity that cost more than $0.30 a day is just too much when netflix is so cheap.  maybe we can go to the park or something instead.  i'm just so tired of her fighting me on this issue.

long story short,. daddy bought himself some beer and i let my kid play with the box but now my wife is pissed.  women,.. am i right?

And people complained about the Order 1886, and it gives more content for your buck! :p

CPU: Ryzen 7950X
GPU: MSI 4090 SUPRIM X 24G
Motherboard: MSI MEG X670E GODLIKE
RAM: CORSAIR DOMINATOR PLATINUM 32GB DDR5
SSD: Kingston FURY Renegade 4TB
Gaming Console: PLAYSTATION 5
Around the Network

Go to movies for epic awesome action movies that are actually enhanced by the theater experience(Guardians of the Galaxy, Jurassic World, The Dark Knight), and Netflix everything else.

EDIT: Eat beforehand and/or after as well, ESPECIALLY on a date. Go for ice cream after and talk about the movie/What would you do. Save money, more time with yo girl or guy.

You'll go 2-3 times a year and it'll be more special, as well as get lots of other movies/tv shows for a low but legal price.

Well, I can't argue it's pretty stupid to spend that much just to go see a movie.

At least you're getting more than 30 minutes worth of content though, which is the average Spongebob video length, so there is value I suppose. 

Captain_Yuri said:
TheGoldenBoy said:

LOL same place. Well Surrey (aka the ghetto of Vancouver) to be exact That's actually pretty close. 

Loll wow! Thats crazy how close we are! Damn!!

Lethbridge, Alberta checking in. I'm about a 2 day journey by moose

#1 Amb-ass-ador

We have an awesome place where I live. They have decent screens. All movies are $5.00 a person. Large popcorn is $3.00. Medium drinks are $1.00 each. They also have about 30 arcade games on one side plus bumper cars and the ticket games on the other side. You get a card at an electronic vendor and charge it with token money. So for a grand total of $42.00 I got 4 tickets to spongebob, 4 drinks, 1 large popcorn and 15 dollars in games. We beat the breaks off the Terminator Salvation arcade game.

Why don't you tell her you got this awesome new movie called the order and it's only 10$ more but she gets an extra 6 hours of entertainment.