By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Gaming Discussion - Visceral re-affirms Battlefield Hardline as 900p on PS4, 720p on XB1

Wright said:

Well, I pretty much doubt this is bad optimization, given Visceral's track record. This means both next-gen consoles have hit their limits. This is going to be the standard from now on.

There are many games that look much better than Hardline and run at a higher resolution. That is what leads me to believe it is down to poor optimization but hey, what do I know, I'm no developer...

Around the Network
Guitarguy said:

There are many games that look much better than Hardline and run at a higher resolution. That is what leads me to believe it is down to poor optimization but hey, what do I know, I'm no developer...

Not really, Hardline is the most graphically-intensive game right now.

Wright said:
Guitarguy said:

I guess we didn't learn from last gen about games getting better looking over time..

There's only 2 races: White and 'Political Agenda'
2 Genders: Male and 'Political Agenda'
2 Hairstyles for female characters: Long and 'Political Agenda'
2 Sexualities: Straight and 'Political Agenda'

ArchangelMadzz said:
Locknuts said:

Except my 4 year old PC with midrange graphics cards plays these games at 1080p & 60fps. These consoles are unacceptably weak. The only thing they have going for them is their exclusives, and they've been pretty weak so far.

They need to have them at a particular price point, You obviously have to remember these consoles come with $60 controllers, the hardware alone costs $340 and that is the way they will always be if there are future consoles, the best you can get for the price. They also record all of the gameplay as well which anyone who has done so on their PC does affect performance. They’re fine. 

I liked the 7th gen where the companies took a hit on the hardware. The 360 was brilliant apart from the RROD issue. PS3 was probably too big a hit for Sony but I'd be more than happy for them to lose $100-$200 per console and give us some decent hardware. Then again, I'd be happy if Sony went out of business altogether, so there's my bias :P

Kerotan said:
That's bad. You'd expect 1080p on ps4 and 900p on xbox. it's mind-blowing that the x1 has games like hardline and metal Gear solid at 720p.

Thats because the engine is not optimized enough for xbox one. You can't get all th e engine to work well with the consoles.  Much like the resident evil revelation 2 engine which is not optimized for the ps4.  Main thing i hope  is that the framerate is solid 60 at that resolution for XO

Around the Network
Wright said:

Well, I pretty much doubt this is bad optimization, given Visceral's track record. This means both next-gen consoles have hit their limits. This is going to be the standard from now on.

There are games that look better and have far more happening then hardlien and they have been 900p for xo or 1080p for ps4 . There are even games where its 1080p for both.  Look at witcher 3. it looks gorgeous and the world itself is huge and that is at a high res.   I am sure its not that optimized  or  it requires alot of work to get it up for Xo and visceral games had no time to put that extra work inot getting it up before launch

As long as it's 60fps right?

“The fundamental cause of the trouble is that in the modern world the stupid are cocksure while the intelligent are full of doubt.” - Bertrand Russell

"When the power of love overcomes the love of power, the world will know peace."

Jimi Hendrix

Wright said:
Guitarguy said:

I don't agree. I'm let down by BF Hardline's graphics compared to BF4 (I know it's from the beta but it seems now that beta graphics, resolution and framerate was final).

Some examples of games all running 1080p and 60fps that I think look more appealing than BF Hardline and therefore point to BF Hardline being badly optimized.

Metro Redux

Metal Gear Solid: Ground Zeroes

Mortal Kombat X

Call of Duty: Advanced Warfare

Wolfenstein: The New Order

Plants vs Zombies: Garden Warfare (I know the art style is very different but this game is the definition of fun and it looks better than BF Hardline as well imo)

The Last of Us: Remastered

Tomb Raider: Definitive Edition

Project CARS

Mike_L said:
Wright said:

I don't agree. I'm let down by BF Hardline's graphics compared to BF4 (I know it's from the beta but it seems now that beta graphics, resolution and framerate was final).

Some examples of games all running 1080p and 60fps that I think look more appealing than BF Hardline and therefore point to BF Hardline being badly optimized.

Metro Redux

Metal Gear Solid: Ground Zeroes

Call of Duty: Advanced Warfare

Wolfenstein: The New Order

Plants vs Zombies: Garden Warfare (I know the art style is very different but this game is the definition of fun and it looks better than BF Hardline as well imo)

The Last of Us: Remastered

Tomb Raider: Definitive Edition

Project CARS

correction TLOU wasn't 60fps constant. it had alot of fps drop . However it was an amazing game. Even  games like metro last light was also 1080p 60fps with no problem. 

EA and ubisoft in a battle for the worst publisher.