By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Microsoft Discussion - Xbox Live PC free and console gamers are not happy

I'm definitely not happy about it, MSFT can't give PC the games and free xbl. Fable Legends, Ori, State of Decay.....ok, but if they get Halo 5, Gears, Forza and free xbl that is just deisrespecful.

Around the Network

"Some" console gamers. That says a lot.

My bet with The_Liquid_Laser: I think the Switch won't surpass the PS2 as the best selling system of all time. If it does, I'll play a game of a list that The_Liquid_Laser will provide, I will have to play it for 50 hours or complete it, whatever comes first. 

true_fan said:

I'm definitely not happy about it, MSFT can't give PC the games and free xbl. Fable Legends, Ori, State of Decay.....ok, but if they get Halo 5, Gears, Forza and free xbl that is just deisrespecful.

They gutted their entire PC presence, in order to create a need for people to buy an Xbox in the first place.  If you aren't aware that these companies are capable of simply ignoring an entire segment of their consumer base to further their own ends, I'm not really sure what else to tell you.

What do they expect? Pc gamers had free online for years and they similar to xbox live with steam. It won't make sense with pc gamers paying for online where they have it free. If they want free then be a pc gamers. Pc and console are very different machine. Plus live is cheap and if you cannot pay for it , then you cna't afford to buy games

oniyide said:

but could you imagine it? Sony would be forced to go back to the PS3 way and that would be great for everything

Mmm... That´s a good point.

Anyway if Sony is selling like a beast they could think that they don´t need to make it free this generation. Idk

But I wish it happens, Microsoft would be fixing the problem that they created years ago on the industry, it would be a nice redemption and probably good for every console gamer.

Around the Network

One of the big reasons I have never did box is because I can always have it on me pc. This article confirms it

Nobody's perfect. I aint nobody!!!

Killzone 2. its not a fps. it a FIRST PERSON WAR SIMULATOR!!!! ..The true PLAYSTATION 3 launch date and market dominations is SEP 1st

MoHasanie said:
I had no idea it was free! That's not fair :/ .

Yeah, there was no demand for Xbox Live on PC last gen and MS going to try to do this to challenge Steam, I bet, but the problem is their content level is terrible compared. Because no one watched Window Live last gen MS knew they couldn't force anyone to pay. Its easier to make a console gamer pay because the operating system is depedent upon the online service at some point. PC is open once you install the OS.

mornelithe said:
true_fan said:

They gutted their entire PC presence, in order to create a need for people to buy an Xbox in the first place.  If you aren't aware that these companies are capable of simply ignoring an entire segment of their consumer base to further their own ends, I'm not really sure what else to tell you.

I don't care about all that, I'm not paying for something that others get free,  I don't care about steam, psn, wii online......but, if PC get the same xbl I pay for, I will either 1)stop buying xbl 2)get a laptop powerful enough to play games since I am planning to get a new one this year.

true_fan said:
mornelithe said:

I don't care about all that, I'm not paying for something that others get free,  I don't care about steam, psn, wii online......but, if PC get the same xbl I pay for, I will either 1)stop buying xbl 2)get a laptop powerful enough to play games since I am planning to get a new one this year.

Of course you don't.  It's perfectly fine if a company shits all over people who aren't you, no reason at all you should be concerned that they could do that to you in the future...oh wait.

Scoobes said:
Well, it's not like they can charge PC gamers for something they've had for free for years and get for free from competing services like Steam. So this is expected and MS should never have charged for Live in the first place.

Now Sony have jumped on the bandwagon and it's ever so slightly annoying that console gaming online costs. I sympathise, but I'm glad I game on both platforms.

Sony was reacting to the demand seeing that Microsoft had achieved profiting off of getting people to pay for online. How were they supposed to know that MS would put their foot in their mouth again? LOL Sony was always going to allow people to do crossplay last gen free of charge, but MS wants to follow along. Doing that exposed them.