By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Microsoft Discussion - Xbox Live PC free and console gamers are not happy

The only thing I can see that would make this bad, is if console exclusives from the Xbox become available on the PC. I would be surpise if that happens because that's going to be like an exit strategy from the console market just to move back into the PC space and again, I doubt they would do that.

Around the Network
tiffac said:
The only thing I can see that would make this bad, is if console exclusives from the Xbox become available on the PC. I would be surpise if that happens because that's going to be like an exit strategy from the console market just to move back into the PC space and again, I doubt they would do that.

Yep, I had spoken of such things. The last mistake MS has to make is to put their key exclusives on PC before they piss console gamers off and become completely irrelevant to their cause.

Why is this an issue all of a sudden, when the situation has been like that for the past 10 years?
I personally don't pay for online on consoles, and never will. I see no value in it, as I very seldom would play multiplayer even if it were free.

S.T.A.G.E. said:
tiffac said:

Yep, I had spoken of such things. The last mistake MS has to make is to put their key exclusives on PC before they piss console gamers off and become completely irrelevant to their cause.

has anyone ever thought thats exactly what they are doing? Maybe they WANT to move back into the console space and this is the perfect transistion

SjOne said:
If these people are mad why do they continue to pay for 10+ years?

Because Xbox Live is, for a lot of people, a mandatory feature. If you're a gamer and you want to play online on Xbox, you HAVE to pay, and you will.

Around the Network
Burek said:
Why is this an issue all of a sudden, when the situation has been like that for the past 10 years?
I personally don't pay for online on consoles, and never will. I see no value in it, as I very seldom would play multiplayer even if it were free.

People defended it in the beginning, but now that Microsoft is planning on melding Xbox Live with Windows 10 and giving it away essentially for free some console gamers are feeling the shaft. I had been telling people about this for years, but Microsoft basically went back to square one and exposed themselves by trying to make contact with PC gamers after ignoring them for so long.

You can count me out........................as one of those angry console gamers because I'm fine with my Xbox consoles, I don't play games on PC and never will

Proud to be a Californian.

S.T.A.G.E. said:
dane007 said:
What do they expect? Pc gamers had free online for years and they similar to xbox live with steam. It won't make sense with pc gamers paying for online where they have it free. If they want free then be a pc gamers. Pc and console are very different machine. Plus live is cheap and if you cannot pay for it , then you cna't afford to buy games

Microsoft wasn't so adept to that understanding. They tried to make them pay for WIndows Live last gen and failed. Thats how they pretty much figured they had to back off and even if they tried it would only hurt them strategically going up against Steam.

Yea exactly and gamers liek ourselves should know this. Therefore teh complaint and ger towards this is uncessary. 

Squeezol said:
SjOne said:
If these people are mad why do they continue to pay for 10+ years?

Because Xbox Live is, for a lot of people, a mandatory feature. If you're a gamer and you want to play online on Xbox, you HAVE to pay, and you will.

But its so cheap . If a gamer cannot afford live , then they technically can't afford to be gamer. Its like 5 pe rmonth . Thats like 20 cents per day for 30 day lol. I  am sure the people who are complain can afford to leave aside 20 cents.

dane007 said:
Squeezol said:

But its so cheap . If a gamer cannot afford live , then they technically can't afford to be gamer. Its like 5 pe rmonth . Thats like 20 cents per day for 30 day lol. I  am sure the people who are complain can afford to leave aside 20 cents.

It's not about the price. It's just annoying that they force you to pay.  Just because I can afford to pay for something doesn't mean I want to, especially if it feels like it should be free. Stop kidding yourself by pretending like you're ballin on a $60 budget kiddo, anyone who shells out $4-500 on a console can easily afford $60 a year on games/subscriptions.