By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Nintendo Discussion - Can Mario Kart 7 Be the Best Selling Game This Generation?

Ka-pi96 said:
Title should probably make it clear you mean exclusives. Some people don't read OPs

I don't think it will though, Pokemon is too big/awesome. Even if X/Y sales fall off I'd expect another gen of Pokemon on 3DS which well sell boatloads.

There's no way there'll be another gen on the 3DS. That would mean at least another three years of 3DSs. Not happening.

Around the Network
spemanig said:
Ka-pi96 said:
Title should probably make it clear you mean exclusives. Some people don't read OPs

I don't think it will though, Pokemon is too big/awesome. Even if X/Y sales fall off I'd expect another gen of Pokemon on 3DS which well sell boatloads.

There's no way there'll be another gen on the 3DS. That would mean at least another three years of 3DSs. Not happening.

X/Y was only 3 years after Black & White also B&W came out mere weeks before the release of the 3ds in the west. I think another generation on the 3ds just before the release of their next handheld is certainly possible.

Fall 2016 release date?

spemanig said:
Ka-pi96 said:

Not necessarily true at all. Especially when Gen 5 practically started with 3ds release. Also gen 7 could well just be 2 games like gen 5.

New HH can launch in 2016 or 2017 and Gen 7 could still be on 3ds with sequels/third installment a year/year and half apart. And Gen 8 comes out on next HH 3rd year.

Barkley said:

X/Y was only 3 years after Black & White also B&W came out mere weeks before the release of the 3ds in the west. I think another generation on the 3ds just before the release of their next handheld is certainly possible.

Fall 2016 release date?

The DS wasn't on the decline when the 3DS came out though. There's a reason the gens happened like that.

Ka-pi96 said:

The gap between gen 5 and gen 6 was 3 years. If the next Pokemon game releases 2016 then that will have been 3 years as well, besides that it could release on 3DS after the next handheld releases as well (like Black and White did on DS).

BW released on the DS because people were still buying it. The 3DS is declining. The DS wasn't yet.

Around the Network

Don't know...
If we will see an exclusive GTA for PS4, this GTA could reach 30M.
Then there is Halo 5, but I don't think a Halo game can sell more than 13M in this generation.
And maybe we will see a suprise hit this generation? it is too early to answer your question.
All the same, I guess Mario Kart 7 can't outsell Pokemon X/Y.

spemanig said:
Ka-pi96 said:

The gap between gen 5 and gen 6 was 3 years. If the next Pokemon game releases 2016 then that will have been 3 years as well, besides that it could release on 3DS after the next handheld releases as well (like Black and White did on DS).

BW released on the DS because people were still buying it. The 3DS is declining. The DS wasn't yet.

I honestly don't see what this has to do with gamefreak releasing a game on a system. I'm pretty sure they care about install base and software sales, not how many 3ds's have been sold recently.

DS sold only 3 million the year B&W 2 were released.

Good numbers. But PS4 will have several exclusives that will top MK7 sales in its lifetime. Even Xbox One exclusive might triumph MK7 sales.

spemanig said:
Barkley said:

Fall 2016 release date?

The DS wasn't on the decline when the 3DS came out though. There's a reason the gens happened like that.

Your basing this on speculation. There is also the fact that BW2 came out when ds was practically dead. Also 3ds on decline has nothing to do with it. It sold over 7mil (maybe 8?) last year and as of now sigms show a huge decline wont happen.

Gen 7 could well be on 3ds especially if XY2 comes out this year (which i dont see happening but it can)

I don't really see MK7 achieving that.

---Member of the official Squeezol Fanclub---