By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Nintendo Discussion - Can Mario Kart 7 Be the Best Selling Game This Generation?

daredevil.shark said:
Good numbers. But PS4 will have several exclusives that will top MK7 sales in its lifetime. Even Xbox One exclusive might triumph MK7 sales.

Wat are these several exclusives? I only see GT being close. And even xbox exclusives being? Halo 5/6 are the only gamesi see hitting 10mil+. Halo 3 was around 12mil, MK7 is already close to that figure.

For reference, i think only Gran Turismo/Halo/Kinect Sports were the only last gen exclusives hitting 10mil. 

Dont know what these several exclusives your talking about are

Around the Network

Summer Lesson will sell 20 million units in Japan alone!!!!!!

tbone51 said:
daredevil.shark said:
Good numbers. But PS4 will have several exclusives that will top MK7 sales in its lifetime. Even Xbox One exclusive might triumph MK7 sales.

Wat are these several exclusives? I only see GT being close. And even xbox exclusives being? Halo 5/6 are the only gamesi see hitting 10mil+. Halo 3 was around 12mil, MK7 is already close to that figure.

For reference, i think only Gran Turismo/Halo/Kinect Sports were the only last gen exclusives hitting 10mil. 

You are comparing a system that has peaked its lifetime (3DS) with the others that has barely crossed 1 year (PS4 / X1). This is why I am not specifying anything. We dont know any specific games. My defense for my logic is "install base" of PS4. Unlike last gen where PS3 was exclusive box or blu ray box this gen its gaming box. And if you want something specific then uncharted 4 might do it first.

daredevil.shark said:

And if you want something specifict then uncharted 4 might do it first.

Uncharted 4 MIGHT break the 10 million mark... just. I don't see it reaching 12+ million.

Barkley said:
daredevil.shark said:

And if you want something specifict then uncharted 4 might do it first.

Uncharted 4 MIGHT break the 10 million mark... just. I don't see it reaching 12+ million.

This is why I didnt specified any game at first. But he wanted anyway. But there is a chance Uncharted 4 might do it.

Around the Network

Nintendo should do the same as for MK8 - some nice new DLC tracks (only playable on newN3DS!)

OT:
I have had a 3DS for a couple of years but has not bought MK7. I want to play in 3D but find it hard to concentrate on both driving and keping the 3D-sweet-spot. If 3D works better with newN3DS I will probably buy MK7!

daredevil.shark said:
tbone51 said:

You are comparing a system that has peaked its lifetime (3DS) with the others that has barely crossed 1 year (PS4 / X1). This is why I am not specifying anything. We dont know any specific games. My defense for my logic is "install base" of PS4. Unlike last gen where PS3 was exclusive box or blu ray box this gen its gaming box. And if you want something specific then uncharted 4 might do it first.

Point taken. That said im looking at overall everything in the gaming past and present into account. You said several when im looking at the fact that not even many games get close to the 10mil Figure (exclusives).

Lets see, here are all the games (franchises) that hit 10mil let alone 12mil+ that weren't on Nintendo consoles/HHs...

~Grand Theft Auto

~Kinect Sports

~Gran Turismo

~Halo

Thats it. Out of the 4 i listed, GTA is no longer Exclusive game and Kinect Sports died with Wii Sports/etc last gen. That leaves both Halo which highest seller was H3 with around 12mil sold and GT only franchise i seeing being close to MK7/XY figures due to PS4 European Domination with GT7/GT8.

There definitely could be new IPs/etc that can miraculously hit 10mil, but again it needs to miraculously hit 10mil first before even getting close to MK7 figures now.

Also Uncharted 4... I mean i know damn well its going to sell extremely well, but you honestly are expecting this to hit 13mil+ lifetime??? Thats freaking HUGE!!!!!!

tbone51 said:

Point taken. That said im looking at overall everything in the gaming past and present into account. You said several when im looking at the fact that not even many games get close to the 10mil Figure (exclusives).

Lets see, here are all the games (franchises) that hit 10mil let alone 12mil+ that weren't on Nintendo consoles/HHs...

~Grand Theft Auto

~Kinect Sports

~Gran Turismo

~Halo

Thats it. Out of the 4 i listed, GTA is no longer Exclusive game and Kinect Sports died with Wii Sports/etc last gen. That leaves both Halo which highest seller was H3 with around 12mil sold and GT only franchise i seeing being close to MK7/XY figures due to PS4 European Domination with GT7/GT8.

There definitely could be new IPs/etc that can miraculously hit 10mil, but again it needs to miraculously hit 10mil first before even getting close to MK7 figures now.

Also Uncharted 4... I mean i know damn well its going to sell extremely well, but you honestly are expecting this to hit 13mil+ lifetime??? Thats freaking HUGE!!!!!!

Lol. You are repeting yourself. Unlike others Sony is unpredictable and famous for new IPs. Time will tell. But this time its in PS4s favor.

Between those two, I'd say Pokemon will win. It's a strong franchise, stronger than Mario Kart IMO.

daredevil.shark said:
tbone51 said:

Lol. You are repeting yourself. Unlike others Sony is unpredictable and famous for new IPs. Time will tell. But this time its in PS4s favor.

Im not doubting that at all, i know if Sony could do it it be with ps4, but that still doesn't have any hints to making 10mil+ exclusives at all. And the figure that will need to be passed is actually 13mil+ depending on MK7 legs which in its 4th year sold over 2mil.

All im saying is making several exclusives hitting 10mil is kinda hard to see when making just 1 10mil seller is crazy already (unless your name is Gran Turismo/Halo of course). 

Being Optimistic is good and all (we all know i am one overall optimistic guy) but claiming several exclusive can possibly  beat MK7  because its PS4 might still be a huge stretch non the less.