By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Nintendo Discussion - The Amazing Fashion of Xenoblade Chronicles X (21 Screenshots)

thatguymarco said:
Teddy said:

It is just a Bikini, over sexualised? Don't play Bayonetta.

Bayonetta makes it fun out of it though, she plays with her sexuality as much as a little girl would play with her Barbie. The game it's not serious, so there's no reason for me to feel uncomfortable.

I'm not eally that much against over-sexualization, I just can't help but laugh when the devs expect me to take things seriously when one of my party members is in a bikini just because.

Oh the horror

Around the Network
thatguymarco said:

I'm not eally that much against over-sexualization, I just can't help but laugh when the devs expect me to take things seriously when one of my party members is in a bikini just because.

The devs don't put her in the bikini. They give you the option to do so. It's extremely easy to simply not equip a swimsuit to the character. It's also worth noting that in Xenoblade male characters also had swimsuit outfits (essentially boxers with no shirt), and I wouldn't expect that to change this time around.

I promise that the bikini outfit will almost never be the best possible equipment you have for a given character, and that on the rare occasion when it is, it will be better by a negligible amount. The only instance where the bikini outfit would be greatly beneficial would be if you're doing a Naked Dunban run in Xenoblade... Dunban is a male character who can unlock skills that give him big stat buffs when he has no armor equipped. It's a valid strategy, but far from the only one for him. In any case, those particular skills may or may not be available in X -- if they are, I expect they would be available to the player-created character (who can be either male or female) foremost.

Teddy said:
curl-6 said:

Let's not get carried away. Wii U does have a superior GPU to PS3/360, but there aren't many 1080p/60fps games on it. (Though to be fair, there aren't all that many even on PS4/Xbone)

Wii U represents roughly a PS2-to-Wii improvement over PS3/360.

The Ps4/Xbone are getting games with black bars top and bottom because they can't run 1080p, it is not getting carried away thats a matter of fact because people are demanding ultra realistic graphics and they aren't really advanced enough to handle it. No  the Wii U is not got that demand for ultra realism then 1080p is relatively an easy task for it because the games aren't demanding massive shader intensive games. It isnt as you say not many 1080p game  of Wii U because all of the wii U games are 1080p no borders, only the old Wii games scale up and scaled up games are obvioisly blurred to bits or you have to go black borders. It isnt hard to render 1080p for modern hardware  my old PC from 2008 handles GTA IV at 1080p, an  it would handle GTA V as well if I update to windows 8 cause it is running Vista at the mo. The only reason modern hardware is not handling 1080p is because people demand too realistic games with many shaders for realistic graphics. People have become eye candy freaks.

Most Wii U games run at native 720p, not 1080p.

Wow, things got really heated in this thread. Personally I am so hyped for the different costumes you can find in this game! This and character customization, I`m going to be having a lot of fun making my character x )

Dance my pretties!

The Official Art Thread      -      The Official Manga Thread      -      The Official Starbound Thread

Cloudman said:
Wow, things got really heated in this thread.

It's a Xenoblade Chronicles X thread, there's always at least one person dropping in to make the obligatory "PS2 grafix" comment, which invariably leads to debate.

Around the Network
curl-6 said:
Cloudman said:

It's a Xenoblade Chronicles X thread, there's always at least one person dropping in to make the obligatory "PS2 grafix" comment, which invariably leads to debate.

I`ve noticed that, and it just makes me sad. Sure, there are hiccups here and there (like the faces, especially that droopy black haired cute girl), and FF15 is looking impressive too in comparison, but this is looking to be one incredible game : ) I don`t see why people have to rip this game so harshly.

Dance my pretties!

The Official Art Thread      -      The Official Manga Thread      -      The Official Starbound Thread

curl-6 said:
Cloudman said:

The real issue is people can't think for two seconds before posting.  If these people would think ahead and say "I don't like the art style" or "I don't like how this looks," things would be fine.  Congrats, you have an opinion.  But no, they say PS2 graphics which is not an opinion, it's an objective statement on technical quality that is demonstrably false.  If people would *think* before they post, things would be much better.

But when someone does post the PS2 graphics stuff, just ignore them folks.  Not worth the time if they are still saying that.

thatguymarco said:
No offense, but I don't really see anything memorable or particulary special about any of these. And the over-sexualized outfits for the female characters make me feel uncomfortable, I know that they're a must because the demographic for this game is most likely a bunch of weaboos, but it makes it impossible for me to take your game seriously. Glad that FFXV won't have this problem since the sausage fest and such.

Also, I see those faces in my nightmares. *shrugs*

If they make you uncomfortable then you don't ever have to use them. Also, the over-sexualized outfits are not just for the female characters. 

Official Tokyo Mirage Sessions #FE Thread

Been around looking at various forums, blogs, youtube comments ect to see what people think of this direct or whatever you call it.  Going to address some things.

1. Quit with the fucking PS2 graphics. First of all most saying this are probably too young to even have owned a PS2.  Second of all the pics they post to compare usually comprise of a emulated bullshot of some ps2 game to like super low res shitty xenoblade shot.  Xenoblade Chronicles on the Wii looked better than PS2 games and this game is clearly better in every single way to Chronicles on Wii.  Could go on with many more reason, but basically quit trolling

2. The amount of people who say they have played the first game and then hating on this FANTASY game for having guns and going "chronicles had no guns"  Um yea it did.  Freaking Sharla had a big ass sniper rifle the whole damn time.  Not to mention the anti air battery guns to shoot down mechon.  the ships that the high entia had that shot lasers, the mechon that shot stuff, ect.  But SHARLA, SHARLA, SHARLA.  And from what I have heard and seen most people suck at Xenoblade combat and thus seem to think that Sharla is the best character int he world cause she can heal and thus have her in the party 100% of the time, so they should have like 100+ hours of see her on screen with her big ass sniper rifle.  Hell there was even big cutscenes dealing with GIVING her a sniper rifle that was important to her.  Also pretty much every npc just used a gun.  Recall the cutscenes at the end with Juju and Otherion fighting the Telethia.  They were using basically assault rifles.

3. Sexualization?  Seriously?  First of all its an OPTION.  You can throw them in a bikini sure, but if its like Chronicles then it won't be very good armor.  Second Males and Females can BOTH do it.  Third in Chronicles it was ONLY Dunban, a MALE who had bonuses for being naked.  So if anything its more sexists towards men than females.  But main point its that its OPTIONAL, and applies to BOTH sexes.

Complain all you want about stuff, but at least don't make shit up.  If you hate the faces or art, combat style, think graphics are shit compared to PS4, or ect. thats fine.  State that, but don't spout nonsense that is not true.  Everyone can have their own opinion, but you can't change facts.  And facts are it is not even close to ps2 graphics, there were guns in the first game and if its sexists, its equally sexist to both male and female.

But I'm going to bed, continue with your bitching about how you dislike faces or some armor, but keep to the facts. Quit making shit up and trolling.  The Wii U is struggling as it is, we don't need some ill informed 10 year old sprouting shit that isn't true to his friends cause he read it online and resulting in what could potentially be another top 10 game of the generation be overlooked and nobody plays (like Xenoblade Chronicles).

I guess it is fashionable to dress up as aliens on a foreign planet ?

NintenDomination [May 2015 - July 2017]

- Official  VGChartz Tutorial Thread - 

NintenDomination [2015/05/19 - 2017/07/02]

Here lies the hidden threads. 

| |

Nintendo Metascore | Official NintenDomination | VGC Tutorial Thread

| Best and Worst of Miiverse | Manga Discussion Thead |
[3DS] Winter Playtimes [Wii U]